SAND2 is a VST/AAX/AU plug-in which reproduces the sonic behavior of a series of high-end British consoles which literally dominated the music production scene from the '80s onward. It includes an equalizer, a dynamic processor, a preamp unit and a versatile routing control.
The range of iconic British mixing consoles that we have faithfully recreated in SAND2 are universally appreciated to this day, in particular for Pop and Rock productions, because of their forward, slightly 'aggressive' sound and their logical layout and general ease of use. SAND2 brings you that iconic sound and at the same time a number of handy new features like an effective Routing Control which allows you to configure the signal flow inside SAND2 in any conceivable way.
SAND2 features a combination of many devices into a single one. With a choice between 2 equalizers, 2 sets of filters, 2 compressors and 5 different preamp stages.
SAND consists of 5 main components:
- EQs (A mode, B mode)
- Filters (A mode, B mode)
- Comps (A mode, C mode)
- Preamps (Mix A, Mix B, Bus A, Bus B, Bus C)
- Routing Control
About SAND FAB4
SAND FAB4 bundle consists of 4 separate plug-ins:
• SAND CHANNEL-STRIP
• SAND BUS4
• SAND PRE4
• SAND EQU4
Enhance your mixes ensuring quality, versatility and that distinctive analog sound peculiar to Acustica’s plug-ins.
HOW TO TRY A PLUGIN: TRIAL MODE
- Create a user account (if you do not have one yet) on our website
- Download and Install Aquarius, our products manager, for either Mac or PC
- Log in to Aquarius using your user email and password
- Type the product name in the 'search' field inside Aquarius to find the '(trial)' version of the product, then click on the thumbnail or on the 'Install' button. This will take you to the product page (the trial version of a product is also visible in the 'related products' section on the right)
- Select the right plugin format according to the DAW you are using and click 'Install'
- Aquarius will download, install,and authorise the trial product automatically
- Run your DAW. You're set!
- The old trial authorisation method - which required the 'LASTTRIALS' code - is now obsolete and each trial version of a product can be easily downloaded/installed directly from Aquarius, for a more streamlined process
- Should you see an authorisation error, the reason could be that the product has been already authorised too many times and the limit has been reached
For details about installation/authorization please refer to this page
Sand2 is based on our Core 13 engine:
- NEW Our new Core 13 engine improves on the previous version by introducing our new VLA™ technology (Vector Loading Acceleration), which makes the response of the plugin much faster.
- Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high-performance saturation algorithm;
- Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology);
- Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins;
- Engine optimization introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug").