€80 €64 - Save 20% OFF
PURETEQ CLASSIC PASSIVE EQUALIZER BUNDLE is the third release of the new MetaWare series of Acqua libraries for N4 by SoundDrops. It is essentially a collection of three iconic tone-shaping tools that have literally written the history of professional music recording. The circuitry of those processors was based on vacuum-tubes and real inductors, yet their tone can be described as warm but clean, and in any event classy.
In typical MetaWare fashion, the original functionality has been enhanced in ways that would be highly impractical, if not altogether impossible, in the analogue domain.
PURETEQ BUNDLE includes 3 different processors:
- PURETEQ-Q, a digital reproduction of the renowned EQP-1 passive equalizer, complete with all the classic frequency points and then some, plus the added bonus of a real high-shelf boost curve, not available in the original hardware;
- PURETEQ-M, an emulation of the MEQ-5 three-band equalizer, focused in on the ever crucial mid range frequencies from 200Hz to 7kHz. Following precisely the circuitry of the original hardware, each band in PURETEQ-M produces a bell with a slightly different bandwidth for each frequency point;
- PURETEQ-F, the original HLF-3 filter bank in all its 18dB/octave, real inductor glory. Although less common than its siblings, this processor is nevertheless capable of some radical sound manipulation. And even more so, thanks to the 'MetaWare approach': a powerful 'Variable Peak' control (again, not present in the original hardware) adjusts an extra resonance up to +6dB at the cut-off frequency point for each filter cell.
Every single band in each PURETEQ plug-in has been sampled in a separate session; as a result, there's no unwanted additional tone coloration, whatever the number of enabled bands: the final resulting frequency and phase response always represents exactly the sum of what each cell produces by itself, and nothing else.
Finally, each processor in the PURETEQ BUNDLE includes also a pre-amp stage modelled after a modern stereo vacuum-tube circuit. Just like the active section in its analogue counterpart, it's essentially a clean-sounding amplifier which, when suitably overloaded, is able nevertheless to lend a nice warmth to any music program. Furthermore, being a stereo device, it is capable of adding some extra-spaciousness to the stereo field.
MetaWare = “Beyond the Hard/Software”. A series of Acqua/Nebula libraries for N4 by SoundDrops based on an innovative concept. Proprietary hardware processors are specifically conceived, designed and built from the ground up with the creation of N4 libraries in mind.
Great care then is taken during the sampling and deconvolving process. Thanks to Acustica’s innovative technology, each aspect of the device’s behavior (frequency and phase response, harmonic and dynamic action and so on) can be separately sampled and then reassembled in an optimized form. The final outcome is a series of extremely clean and noiseless vectors, as it is easily apparent from the resulting response plots.
This procedure allows the creation of virtual machines that would be plainly impossible (or, at least, extremely unpractical) to build in the real world; a series of consistent and dependable digital processors that yet retain all the great sonic traits of real world analog hardware, down to the tiniest detail.
© SoundDrops 2019
In order to use products from the official 3rd party developers:
- It is mandatory first to install either N4 Player or N4. Only after this it will be possible to proceed with the installation of 3rd party products.
- Please don't install both versions of N4 - use only one of them to guarantee a proper functioning of the products!
- Please make sure that you use an up-to-date version of N4 or N4 Player.
- N4 FREE and N4 Player cannot coexist.
Use our new application Aquarius - (see the User Guide in Aquarius page) to complete the procedure of installation and authorization; 3rd party developers products are only available on Aquarius.
Mail me at [email protected]