Nickel is a "Made in the USA" plugin suite consisting of four different plugins that include emulations of rare units from the late 60s to the present day, paying homage to the genius of Bill Putnam one of the greatest audio engineer and pioneers in the Pro Audio industry.
• NICKEL STEREO EQ: A Stereo 4-band fully-parametric EQ with High and Low-pass Filters derived from historic US-made unit from the 60s-70s.
• NICKEL MONO EQ: A Mono 4-band fully-parametric EQ derived from the Stereo EQ.
• NICKEL COMP: A legendary '60s FET compressor, hands-down one of the most popular compressor designs of all time. More specifically this plugin features 2 switchable emulations (rev H, rev LN) each one is the result of sampling two different Revisions, also their relative preamp emulations are included.
• NICKEL PRE: Four Line Preamps, four Mic Preamps, four SH1 (Shape mode 1) preamps, four SH2 (Shape mode 2) preamps from a modern Precision Microphone Preamplifier with Class-A discrete electronics, plus four Custom Preamps for a total of twenty preamp emulations. It also includes a fixed High-pass Filter (100Hz, 6dB/octave), a phase reverse button plus an Oversampling button to change the oversampling-rate (8x, 16x) to improve the quality of the processing increasing the sampling frequency of the preamp.
Each plug-in included in the Nickel suite comes in a “Standard” version and an alternative “ZL*” version, which operates at *zero latency and is thus suitable for use when tracking, at the cost of extra processing resources. For further details consult the Nickel user's manual in the Overview section.
The Nickel Stereo EQ features a 4-band Stereo, Fully Parametric EQ derived from a '60s/'70s rare piece of gear made in USA. Each of the two channels includes Low, Low Mid, High Mid, and High band sections, each with variable frequency, cut/boost, and bandwidth controls plus Low pass, and High pass filters.
This is the same sampled equalizer as Nickel Stereo EQ but offered as a Dual-mono version
Nickel Comp arguably embodies one of the most recognizable compressor models of all time. The first completely solid-state compressor to be released designed by Bill Putnam, legendary recording engineer, originally released by his company in 1968.
This 'Evergreen' compressor has been through several revisions over the years.
In Nickel Comp you can enjoy two different versions, The H (Silver face) and the LN (black face) also including their relative preamp emulations.
The Nickel Preamp plugin faithfully emulates all eight discrete mic and line preamp channels (with custom input stage transformers) of a premium Class A Precision Microphone Preamplifier unit considered by the manufacturer as the first analog product to break from their vintage roots offering a world-class modern ultra-fidelity tool for maximum sonic versatility providing musical and warm euphonics.
The plugin has been organized as per Acustica tradition in 5 different Banks that contain a total of 20 different preamp emulations (including EQs and compressor preamp stages), a fixed frequency high-pass filter (100Hz, 6dB/octave), a phase reverse button plus the Oversampling buttons changing the oversampling-rate (8x, 16x) to improve the quality of the processing increasing the sampling frequency of the preamp.
HOW TO TRY A PLUGIN: TRIAL MODE
For details about the installation/authorization process, please refer to this page.
* The introductory period implies the product may receive improvements, changes, or fixes available through Aquarius Desktop updates during the first four weeks of its release.
All other trademarks and trade names mentioned in this page are used for identification purposes only and are properties of their respective owners.