Acustica Audio is pleased to announce N4 Player. N4 Player supersedes the previously available N4 FREE which is now obsolete and no longer available. N4 Player is here to offer to all customers important new features and improvements.
N4 Player is a multi-effect plug-in able to emulate a wide range of audio equipment and other electrical, digital or acoustic audio systems, providing a true sonic alternative to costly and bulky hardware and opening new paths to creative uses and highly realistic sounds.
N4 Player loads libraries or entire plug-ins, all created by using a sophisticated state-of-the-art dynamic sampling approach and engine based on Volterra series nonlinear convolution.
N4 Player is our new FREE tool to introduce you to a new sound experience!
Why a new tool for N4 product line?
Acustica Audio made a technological leap forward and it is time to provide our customers with a new tool able to meet our latest standards, developments and accommodate for a new 3rd party products line.
N4 Player loads N4 libraries, created by our proprietary sampling approach, and additionally, N4 Player is able to load new types of libraries and products. Feature not supported in the soon obsolete N4 FREE plug-in which support only free emulation presets and free libraries.
Moreover, N4 Player offers a seamless crossgrade path to the paid full version of N4. Once crossgraded your created with N4 Player DAW sessions will automatically be updated to the full N4 version.
Main N4 Player features:
N4 Player is able to load both commercial and trial versions of the following products:
N4 Player list price is zero euros.
Nebula libraries for N4.
A Nebula library is a collection of emulation presets created with the proprietary sampling application NAT. A Nebula library for N4 can include a custom skin or use factory generic skin.
Acqua libraries for N4.
An Acqua library is similar to a Nebula library but it is built by merging several emulation presets into a single one, resulting in a more complex simulation with a custom user interface.
Acqua Effect plug-ins.
Acqua Effect plug-ins are standard standalone plug-ins in VST2, AAX and AU format. However, they can also be loaded in N4 and N4 Player to take advantage of some additional functions. For example, an Acqua Effect plug-in can be hosted into N4 allowing customers to run the Acqua Effect plug-in in a TCP/IP network using Nebula Server.
Aquarius is a stand-alone assistant application from Acustica Audio created to help and assist users to download, install, update, and authorize all marketplace featured products.
Acustica Audio marketplace is the Acustica Audio's on-line shop that will allow official 3rd party developers (1) to sell Nebula libraries for N4 and Acqua libraries for N4 in the same way as Acqua Effect plug-ins are being sold at the moment. Such products would be downloaded and authorized using Aquarius immediately after the purchase.
Cross Platform Commercial Library (CPCL) version 5 features:
- Complete integration with Aquarius and marketplace.
- Updated version of Rose Acqua library for N4 and Rose Acqua Effect plug-in.
- Updated version of Violet Acqua library for N4 and Violet Acqua Effect plug-in.
- 12 skinned Nebula libraries for N4.
Upcoming N4 update.
A new version of N4 is available coinciding with the launch of N4 Player including new features and bug fixes.
- Complete integration with Aquarius and official 3rd party developers (1) in marketplace.
- Redesigned user interface for a better user experience.
- Support for the latest Core 12 technology.
- New simple mode.
- Integrated Presets editor.
- Integrated Setups editor.
- Available in VST2, VST3, AAX and AU plug-in formats in MacOS and Windows.
- Support for 64 bits architecture.
- Support for the latest operating systems including macOS High Sierra and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
- Support for Nebula Server version 4 (currently in development)
Limitations not applicable to N4 (as opposed to N4 Player)
- N4 can load Nebula2 and Nebula3 commercial and free emulation presets.
- N4 can edit Acqua Effect plug-ins
- N4 can connect to a Nebula Server version 4 (currently in development).
N4 is able to load both commercial and trial versions of the following products:
- Nebula libraries for N4.
- Acqua libraries for N4.
- Acqua Effect plug-ins.
- Acustica Audio cross-platform commercial library version 5 (CPCL v5).
- Nebula libraries for Nebula3.
Following N4 player and N4 update releases, marketplace will be inaugurated including new products from our official 3rd party developers (1).
(1) With the term official 3rd party developers (1) we refer to all developers listed at the following link of our website: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/developers and for now we define as unofficial all 3rd party developers not included in this link, consequently it will not be possible for load their libraries in N4 Player.
Paid N4 license is necessary to be able to load all old Nebula 3 libraries.
In order to use products from the official 3rd party developers:
- It is mandatory first to install either N4 Player or N4. Only after this it will be possible to proceed with the installation of 3rd party products.
- Please don't install both versions of N4 - use only one of them to guarantee a proper functioning of the products!
- Please make sure that you use an up-to-date version of N4 or N4 Player (at the point of this release N4 is version 1.1.011).
- N4 FREE and N4 Player cannot coexist.
The easiest way to always stay updated is to use our application Aquarius (please refer to the provided on the linked page manual for more info). Upon being loaded Aquarius performs a server check for updates. It is a good practice to open Aquarius and check if you have the latest version of our software.
Normally we send newsletters for major updates, but do not expect notifications via email about all updates. Keep in mind the “New Product Alert” section in the forum on this website is the official place where we announce major releases.
If a new release is creating issues you can still downgrade to the previous installed release.
- Official 3rd party developers products will only be available in Aquarius.
N4/N4Player user's manual will be available in a short time.