Black Friday Special Price! € 79,50 (Reg. €159) You'll save 50%!
Camel is a plugin suite incarnating two iconic British brands that have earned a reputation as industry leaders for their innovation and technological achievements. Camel includes four plugins replicating the best hardware units as manufactured by these renowned companies.
The Camel suite includes:
Each plug-in included in the Camel suite comes in a “Standard” version and an alternative “ZL*” version which operates at *zero latency and is thus suitable for use when tracking, at the cost of extra processing resources. For further details consult the Camel user's manual in the Overview section.
- Model A is derived from a vintage British EQ/Pre module with balanced Mic/Line inputs (featuring Lundahl balanced transformers), Variable High/Low pass filters plus a four-band parametric EQ. The high and low shelving filters can be switched to peak, and vice versa. Likewise, the two mid bands (low and high) have a switchable Q from Narrow to Broad and vice versa.
- Model B is based on a rare, discrete-component Class A console, introduced in 1973 by one of the most famous recording facilities in the UK (in the Soho District), which shortly afterward formed officially as a manufacturing company.
This specific console spent its early life in London, and played a critical role in the recording of legendary albums such as Queen’s "A Night at the Opera" and David Bowie's "Diamond Dogs".
With the invaluable help of producer and sound engineer Antonio Aki Chindamo (co-founder of Auditoria Records – Recording Studio in Italy), we managed to get our hands on this beauty and sample its 16 line preamps, 16 mic preamps plus the stereo output preamplifier of the console (included in the CUST preamp module of the plugin) as well as the whole EQ module and its high-pass filter.
Camel’s preamp section is based on a collection of various hardware units for a total of 36 different mic and line preamps to choose from divided into three switchable BANKS: LINE - MIC - CUST. You can sequentially or randomly strip many preamps across your tracks to immediately hear their summing effect.
The Camel Compressor looks and sounds the business. With its impressive, awe-inspiring look it’s obviously not just realistic. It’s plain real. And now you can leverage the legendary sound of the units we sampled to create it and elevate your mixes like never before.
Plus, it looks so cool on your screen you’ll want to leave it on all the time.
The Camel (Camel Comp – B-656) standalone plugin is equipped with five dynamics processors:
- ‘Comp1’ and ‘Lim’ both derive from the same vintage British VCA broadcast compressor/limiter unit, and they work wonders on the mix bus.
This dynamics processor shares the same brand name as Camel EQ A model (B-785) and Strip version (B-2882) and can be historically traced back to the same period as the equalizer was built in.
- 'SuperComp', derived from the same compressor model of COMP1 but is characterized by different ratios curves (from Jade Acqua plugin compressor emulation).
- 'SuperLim' is derived from Jade’s limiter emulation and it’s the perfect tool for fast, snappy and transient-chopping action.
- ‘Comp2’ is sampled from a classic British FET compressor from the late '70s and '80s, and is characterized by a very aggressive and punchy sound. Great on drums and rock guitars, this is probably the fattest and warmest compressor plugin in the Acustica family.
This dynamics processor shares the same brand name as the Camel EQ B model in Camel EQ (B-785) and Strip version (B-2882) and is historically traceable to the same construction period as the equalizer.
HOW TO TRY A PLUGIN: TRIAL MODE
For details about the installation/authorization process please refer to this page
All updates and bug fixes will be available inside Aquarius under the 'Updates' section.
All other trademarks and trade names mentioned in this page are used for identification purposes only and are properties of their respective owners.
*The offer ends November 20, 2020 (11:59 pm CET). Please note: Educational discounts cannot be applied to Camel during its introductory pricing period.