Login

Murano vs Aquamarine

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.

Murano vs Aquamarine

Postby DeNto » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Note

Ok, after the upgrade i have to correct my statement.
Unfortunately after the small upgrade 1.3.960.0 Murano sounds much better, punchier and better that Aquamarine now!
Sorry but i didn´t noticed that Upgrade...my mistake!

Hi Guys,

recently I made a "Master" for a friend and have tried different plug-ins to get the desired result. Murano and then Aquamarine and I have to say. After this comparison, I'm an absolute Aquamarine fan! The difference between Murano and Aquamarine is although not large but remarkably. For my personal taste Aquamarine wins against Murano.
The Sound is open, more 3D and not so crushed for my taste.

Here you can listen to an example first one is Murano and from 0:45 Aquamarine. Unfortunately, soundcloud is responsible for the reduced sound quality but if you want to listen in better quality just send me a pm. Nevertheless, I think you can hear the differences. For example, listen to the snare. It seems like there is more space for it with Aquamarine and for my taste the sounds is slightly more lively with Aquamarine.

The settings of Murano and Aquamarine are almost the same. I tried to match it as close as possible. The only difference are the threshold values because in my opinion Murano and Aquamarine behave differently.

What do you guys think?
(concentrate on the room and the snare drum if you can´t hear the difference)

Best regards

soundcloud.com/dento/murano-vs-aquamarine/s-maU0b
Last edited by DeNto on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a
DeNto
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Murano vs Aquamarine

Postby Kamui76 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Hey DeNto

Thanks for the test.
I agree with you. Aquamarine sounds more relaxed and natural.
Murano sounds a little more stressed.
I'm very interested in this product, but i think I'll wait for the next release so I can trial.

I'm curious about how hard you can push the unit.
Kamui76
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Thierr7 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:48 am

It's always been clear to me ; Aquamarine wins vs Murano . It's much harder to find the sweetspot on the latter ...
Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mightymosaic » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 pm

Both sound good to me.
mightymosaic

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:20 am

It could be due a bug... We'll release an update
Please note: the live version is shipped without the preamp and lookup ahead
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby NoNameComesInMind » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:50 pm

well, i had to really dig in to the Aquamarine just about now to check, and yes! - the statements are correct, Murano is like a monster when it comes to transient handling, it sounds really good but it's harder to dial in, and it can easily loose it's 3d effect if not near perfect settings or gain-staging is achieved, i just tried Aquamarine and i've also came to the same conclusion it sounds amazing really, they both sound great and i'd probably pic murano when it comes to extreme transient handling, but overall Aquamarine is smoother and you can do a lot and still be able to maintain that imagery

i do believe though you'll guys fix this :mrgreen:
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.
NoNameComesInMind

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:30 pm

for what I know and I remember -> murano was debugged (lookahead was debugged). This is the only difference which comes to my mind
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby NoNameComesInMind » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am

giancarlo wrote:for what I know and I remember -> murano was debugged (lookahead was debugged). This is the only difference which comes to my mind

so, the transient smearing, and somewhat gentler response is due to latency?

it seems somewhat though - please correct me if i'm wrong - that it lost some information some bits and pieces that tied all controls firmly together got lost during that debug, did you tune it by ears or by response? cos it's acting extremely fast in some situations it speeds up your songs and just won't abide in some situations and it's not a genre specific act, i can see a use for them both, but they're really different soundwise.

best,
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.
NoNameComesInMind

Postby DeNto » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Kamui76 wrote:Hey DeNto

Thanks for the test.
I agree with you. Aquamarine sounds more relaxed and natural.
Murano sounds a little more stressed.
I'm very interested in this product, but i think I'll wait for the next release so I can trial.

I'm curious about how hard you can push the unit.

You`re welcome, i think it's a win win situation, so why not to share some informations.
I understand completely that you're waiting for the trial version but in my opinion you can´t go wrong with Murano. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think you get two versions Murano and Aquamarine. But yeah...A trial woul be better for everybody.
I never push this Comp hard, use it only for Mastering.
Aquamarine, Murano, EQP1, Green, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Titanium, Trinity Eq, Ochre, Red, Amethyst.F*******e,SPL, Drawmer,N*****n KH 310a
DeNto
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby DeNto » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:03 pm

giancarlo wrote:It could be due a bug... We'll release an update
Please note: the live version is shipped without the preamp and lookup ahead

Thanks for the answer but sorry...Sound related bugs are not cool!
I didn´t use the live version of Murano in this test!
If you check Murano for bugs, please check the gain knobs behaviour in Murano. I think something is wrong there! Check the Peak levels in comparison with Aquamarine (latest Version) with close Settings.

Have a nice Weekend
DeNto
User Level IX
User Level IX

Next

Return to Aquamarine/Murano