Login

My biggest project using Nebula 3 Pro

Your songs!

Re: My biggest project using Nebula 3 Pro

Postby DavidMeShow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 pm

richie43 wrote:
DavidMeShow wrote:Thanks man ! :) I have another new production. This one is funny and it's french lyrics but so much fun I had making that song. And Nebula is always part of my mixing and mastering process. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXus-Xi8v2k

You continue to be the most gifted and musical comedian I have ever witnessed! I would love to have a translation, it is so funny even not understanding the lyrics! I bet it's even funnier!

Thanks a lot !! :) I just added the English CC on the video now. :) I will try to push that song to the french Radio we have here in Québec and also in France. :D
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Can you get decent radio play in France and Canada if you do not have major label support? It is still very hard in the US, even if the music is great. Awesome for you if the markets there are friendlier.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Just what I thought..... :shock:

That is even more hilarious now that i know the words!!!! I wish you and I could jam, we'd have a good time.

Awesome job on yet another track. Make it viral!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby DavidMeShow » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks ! :D It depends in fact. We have all the "NRJ" radios that are the crap Radios "everyone" listens here. I don't expect any answers from them. But for other Radios that people listen for real ( :lol: ) it's easier here I suppose. I know a lot of local bands that have their songs at the Commercial Radios and it was not so hard for them. But I think it's gonna be different for France. :roll: Where in the USA are you from ?
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm

DavidMeShow wrote:Where in the USA are you from ?

I live in the Minneapolis area, which actually has a thriving music and art scene and has for years. But sometimes it's so thriving that nobody local gets attention beyond being a "local artist" (which seems to carry some kind of stigma unless you are Prince, Jimmy Jam, The Replacements, etc). But the radio situation I was referring to is pretty much a national issue. Commercial radio won't touch you if you don't have label representation no matter how good and "commercial" you sound. And strangely enough, even if you are a true independent artist (no label, everything is self financed), if you sound "commercial", then it is hard to get radio play on "indie" and college stations. Bottom line: If you have a polished sound you had better get on a label. If you don't have a label, you'll have better luck if you engage the "suck button" in the studio...lol.
There are always exceptions to the rule, your music is tight, accessible, but entertaining and talented. Maybe you can break the norm and get some exposure.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby DavidMeShow » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:56 pm

I believe our area is just a little late. It's getting to that direction slowly. Almost everything is owned by the same people here, TVs, Radios, Magazines, Newspapers... It's closing doors for a lot of artists since it's way easier to reach out if you are "friend" with those people. But we still have some local radios that are more accessible, for now. :roll: Now we have internet but that is not so easy either because we don't get support we should get. For example, some years ago, I got that chance to have more than 80 000 views every day on Youtube. That is insane ! A lot of ads are on those videos but at the end we just collect a little from that money. I now have more than 75 millions views but I'm still struggling with income. The only hope I have now is with the website Patreon where people can support my videos but even there, I only have 78 sweet persons supporting me on the 200 000 subscribers following me on Youtube. In some months, if I don't get more support, I will need to stop producing those videos and songs, not because I want but because it's a sad reality that we consume art like if it was junk food. Youtube is turning into a Vlogs and Video Games videos platform... sad ! I don't really know why I'm writing so much but it feels good sometimes to write what we think loud inside of our head. This world needs some good changes ! :) Right ? :ugeek:
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:29 am

This
DavidMeShow wrote: I don't really know why I'm writing so much but it feels good sometimes to write what we think...

is answered with
THIS
DavidMeShow wrote:This world needs some good changes ! :) Right ? :ugeek:

I totally understand David. 7 years ago I had to disband an intensely great alternative pop band that I was part of because the stress of ALMOST "making it" finally grew to be too much for a few of the key players. We had been shopped by all major labels, flown out to the coasts to play private shows in front of "big-wig" record executives, toured, opened for major acts all across the USA, but never once got the final signature on a record deal. Know why? Because we played by our own rules, made great music, and wouldn't sign our souls away by kissing ass (we were actually told that by one label exec, but we already knew this...). Great art does not always mean great pay, unfortunately.
But I have learned that my soul is far better off for those decisions, I still have a love for the art of music (we were actually offered a fairly "good" deal, but refused it because we would have had to fire one member due to his age and looks....the band voted that one down). Keep loving it, you won't be sorry. We all come into this world alone, and leave it the same way. The middle parts are the journey and experiences that prepare us for the next. Cheers!!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby DavidMeShow » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:33 am

I'm sad to hear that ! :roll: But you guys did the good choice. Keeping control over the situation is important infront those business people. Thanks for your sweet words ! :D We are strong ! And we do what we love even if we are doing it in the S*****. :) Take Care and cheers from Québec !
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:45 am

Cheers and good cheer from Minnesota (we are "weather brothers", I think!)
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cpwade » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:30 am

Well said. :)

richie43 wrote: Commercial radio won't touch you if you don't have label representation no matter how good and "commercial" you sound. And strangely enough, even if you are a true independent artist (no label, everything is self financed), if you sound "commercial", then it is hard to get radio play on "indie" and college stations. Bottom line: If you have a polished sound you had better get on a label. If you don't have a label, you'll have better luck if you engage the "suck button" in the studio.
cpwade

PreviousNext

Return to Songs/Tracks