Login

Black metal - MWC, Mammoth, Fate Comp!

Your songs!

Black metal - MWC, Mammoth, Fate Comp!

Postby woeischris » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:48 pm

This is a band called The Beyond that I recorded a few weeks ago. It's a mix-in-progress but I think it's close to final:
http://www.subvertallmedia.com/TheBeyond101010.mp3
MP3 is at 320kbps

MWC mic input on each track, bus on each bus plus master. Drum bus has some Fate Comp, as does the master. Mammoth EQ on practically everything, Fate EQ on some of the drums. AlexB Pan on guitars and overheads -- I found this FANTASTIC, immediate difference.

Feedback please!
Last edited by woeischris on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woeischris

Re: Black metal - MWC, Mammoth, Fate Comp!

Postby fuseburn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:00 pm

You're using the Moder WHITE Console on a BLACK Metal band ? Did you tell them about it ? I doubt they will appreciate it :D

Sounds good, nice spectral balance. Very wall-of-sound-ish and dirty. Not too defined - but how defined can a dense black metal mix be without triggers anyhow ?
Works ! Serves the music.
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby woeischris » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Hahaha! Didn't tell them and that didn't even occur to me!

As for the density, yeah, it's difficult to mix with how much is going on. I'm also still learning to use Nebula's EQs well so I'm sure that with some time I'll be able to do a better job. I think the sound overall is pretty typical for this punk-influenced, Darkthrone-worshiping subset of black metal.
woeischris

Postby lordnielson » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Freakin' mental. It's like TexMex metal with suft and growling. I gotta admit that I'm no metalhead but this is different. And I like it.

Good job.

The Fate comp on the masterbus sounds choppy/jerky (Which is what I also found when I used it).
lordnielson

Return to Songs/Tracks