Postby Barendse » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:49 pm

+1!

Better: -10/-11dB RMS
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Metal (well, d-beat!) using Nebula!

Postby woeischris » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:22 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Hello woeischris. Check this: http://transcendingmusicstudios.com/behemoth.html, listen first audio demos.

Could you make a new version at -9 dBFS RMS?

Do you mean you want a new version at -9 using Behemoth? I'll download the demo and give it a shot!
woeischris

Postby woeischris » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:19 am

http://subvertallmedia.com/media/studiosample829.zip contains two WAVs. Both use Nebula but the one labeled BROKEN was a mix with the sample rates set incorrectly. They both make use of Behemoth, which I like quite a bit and will end up purchasing soon. They're both not limited quite as harshly as the 828 sample. The clicking some of you were hearing in the earlier version was from the too-aggressive limiting and corrected.

I learned to record by watching others and figuring stuff out on my own so I'm not quite sure what it means to post a sample at -9 db RMS. That means an average of -9, right? How do I do that in Cubase 5?
woeischris

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 am

I learned to record by watching others and figuring stuff out on my own so I'm not quite sure what it means to post a sample at -9 db RMS. That means an average of -9, right? How do I do that in Cubase 5?

I'll write a PM ASAP.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:26 am

woeischris wrote:http://subvertallmedia.com/media/studiosample829.zip contains two WAVs. Both use Nebula but the one labeled BROKEN was a mix with the sample rates set incorrectly. They both make use of Behemoth, which I like quite a bit and will end up purchasing soon. They're both not limited quite as harshly as the 828 sample. The clicking some of you were hearing in the earlier version was from the too-aggressive limiting and corrected.

Cubase 5 has a function where you can select the wave form and read out the statistics. You can also use something like Voxengo Span for some realtime RMS information.

Your latest tracks are -13dB RMS btw.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to Songs/Tracks