Login

My stuff- 5 tracks

Your songs!

My stuff- 5 tracks

Postby Cupwise » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 am

http://www.cupwise.com/music.html

i've had some of these up for a while, but i just updated/finished everything there. i think i made big improvements to most of it, nebula playing a key role. 'the abyss' is a new one i just added. actually all of this stuff is stuff i started around 5-7 yrs ago and just now finished (real life stuff gets in the way).

it's maybe like 'ambient', but probably too active to be called that. maybe like 'soundtrack' music, but too active for that too, so i don't know or care what to call it really. it is what it is. i tried to create really moody atmospheric stuff, basically.

a lot of nebula stuff was used on these, eric's NAG and studer tapes, i'd use the 15ips ones on individual tracks/groups, and 30ips on masters (usually the studer on master and nag on tracks). some of his other stuff (compressors, eq shelves, filters, etc) here and there. mammoth eq here and there, poolteq a lot, including the stereo BP program. a lot of my own stuff, my tube radio effects for tone filtering- played a big part because a lot of my style involves just layering lots of sounds and sculpting tones, etc. my cassette effects a little, but then i also used the real radios in some cases, and the actual cassette decks. i have 3 decks besides the ones i sampled, and 2 of those can do double speed, and i tried using that to get a nice tape sound here and there. so, a lot of what you hear in those final tracks was ran to cassette and back. ran some of the stuff through my old philco tube amp... weird things like that.

mostly the sources are 'itb' stuff (samples, vst synths), but some hardware synths and recorded sounds etc used too, all mixed together kind of like sound collages.

-tim
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: My stuff- 5 tracks

Postby cpwade » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:18 am

Tim, thank you for sharing. Love Abyss, and A2D. In fact love it all/ Great work. Nice job!

Paul
cpwade

Re: My stuff- 5 tracks

Postby Cupwise » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:58 am

thanks, paul!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Return to Songs/Tracks