Login

Rock track mixed and mastered with Alex B, AITB, R2R etc

Your songs!

Rock track mixed and mastered with Alex B, AITB, R2R etc

Postby citizenpaul » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi all,
We just released a new track made using plenty of Nebula (MBC Pro, R2R, VNXT, Mammoth EQ) during mixing and mastering: http://music.acitizenabovesuspicion.co.uk/track/the-prisoner.
It was certainly a bit of an IT nightmare using Vista x64, Sonar 8.5 x64 - lots of crashing etc, but am pleased with the overal sound now it's done.
Thanks to all the third party library creators,
Paul
--
A track made with Nebula: http://music.acitizenabovesuspicion.co.uk/
citizenpaul
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Rock track mixed and mastered with Alex B, AITB, R2R etc

Postby highvoltage » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:51 am

sounds ace!!

like the track too
highvoltage

Postby citizenpaul » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback and to those who downloaded. I realise I wasn't particularly expansive in my original post - I'm not sure how many of my IT issues are due to using Vista, and using it in a 64 bit environment. I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has also had difficulties with Sonar 8.5 in this environment. Perhaps Windows 7 would yield more reliable results.

I should perhaps have said that Nebula has certainly helped us increase the quality of our music - which is all recorded in a bedroom with minimal acoustic treatment etc.
--
citizenpaul
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby zaminx » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:30 am

Sounds so analogue great work
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby fuseburn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 am

Sounds pretty good ! Exactly what Nebula's all about ! Good job !

Performance could have used a bit more editing; The drummer's not the best and the Steven Slate Drums really jump out like crazy ;-) Also, a bit of tasteful vocal-tuning might help aswell.

Apart from that: Well done !
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby powderfinger » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 am

Good work.

Did you ever figure out the stability issues with Sonar 8.5?

I'm running Sonar 8.5, Windows 7, Nebula CoreII 64bit. The stability is horrendous, but the sound quality is too good to go back to all UAD plugs.

I'm primarily having problems with the AlexB PRO consoles. What have your issues been? Any resolutions/fixes?
powderfinger
User Level III
User Level III

Postby citizenpaul » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks - no still not really sure why the stability is so bad. It wasn't jut in this project, but seems to be something about Sonar/Vista/Nebula not wanting to play nicely together.

For me the crashes start occurring when a mix or master nears completion. The problems range from Sonar failing to open a project and hanging during the loading process (probably because I work at 44.1 and I understand resampling/conversion takes place for the Nebula progs that are 96k) to the DAW hanging and crashing when a new instance of Nebula is added, to random issues such as a Nebula suddenly creating a huge peak/over and then failing to respond.

The only tips I have are to make full use of the Renderer programme, and to save very regularly indeed.... It is hard to work this way, but as you say I can't really justify reverting to the older plugs I used to use because the sound's so much better.
Paul
--
citizenpaul
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Songs/Tracks