Login

New song mixed with Nebula/Aqua. The Police meets Flamenco

Your songs!

New song mixed with Nebula/Aqua. The Police meets Flamenco

Postby pleplo » Mon May 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey guys! just finished this song using some of the best and latest libs from Tim Petherick and Alexb.

You can listen to the song here.
any comments are welcomed! thanks a lot

Enjoy :)
https://soundcloud.com/plajia/piggiepark
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: New song mixed with Nebula/Aqua. The Police meets Flamen

Postby richie43 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:46 am

Awesome tonality. Great mixing too. Lovely and quirky songwriting, I love this! This is a wonderful little testament/tribute for how hard Tim P works to deliver such awesome tools for us to use!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby pleplo » Thu May 28, 2015 10:06 pm

richie43 wrote:Awesome tonality. Great mixing too. Lovely and quirky songwriting, I love this! This is a wonderful little testament/tribute for how hard Tim P works to deliver such awesome tools for us to use!!

Hey Ritchie! thank you very much! coming from you. dedicated and passionated music and mixing lover :) yes Tim's stuff is always fun to use and sounds awesome. I know a lot more about audio now than when I started this project. If I would have recorded this project with a better room, better mics and preamps. in 96k using tim's stuff at 96 I'm sure it would have even more depth and details. but I'm happy :)

Do you have some critics and feedback on this mix that I could improve since you have great ears and tastes :)

I would appreciate it!
keep up the passion for nebula :)

Patrick
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu May 28, 2015 11:38 pm

pleplo wrote:
richie43 wrote:Awesome tonality. Great mixing too. Lovely and quirky songwriting, I love this! This is a wonderful little testament/tribute for how hard Tim P works to deliver such awesome tools for us to use!!

Hey Ritchie! thank you very much! coming from you. dedicated and passionated music and mixing lover :) yes Tim's stuff is always fun to use and sounds awesome. I know a lot more about audio now than when I started this project. If I would have recorded this project with a better room, better mics and preamps. in 96k using tim's stuff at 96 I'm sure it would have even more depth and details. but I'm happy :)

Do you have some critics and feedback on this mix that I could improve since you have great ears and tastes :)

I would say don't worry about high sample rates but that my opinion. I feel a better tightness at 48khz but that's just me! Your doing a great job already. :D

I would appreciate it!
keep up the passion for nebula :)

Patrick

I would say don't worry about high sample rates but that's my opinion. I feel a better tightness at 48khz but that's just me! Your doing a great job already. :D
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:45 pm

I agree with Tim, but my opinions on sample rates are not always popular....lol. I don't even mess with 48kHz unless someone asks or if it's using more complex and largely acoustic (real, not midi) sources like an entire jazz band or orchestra. Other than that, for what you are doing, I think the only benefit you will get using higher sample rates would be that you might feel better about it....Sonically I bet that you'd never know. In fact, I have submitted things to different uses as 96kHz because they said it mattered, but I converted that from the lower sample rate that i worked in....lol, they said that they could tell the difference and thanked me...I only did this as my own experiment. For the official record, I always do whatever people ask me (and pay me) to do. But that taught me alot about perception and bias, for sure.
You are already doing fine work, just keep loving music and keep making music! Any "critique" is just an opinion, I think.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby pleplo » Fri May 29, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks a lot guys! this is awesome! :)

What a great community!
Cheers
Patrick
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun May 31, 2015 10:29 am

Spanish guitar where recorded in mono or in a stereo mic setup?

I suggest to try to understand this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mudW-nFxew
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby pleplo » Sun May 31, 2015 3:38 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Spanish guitar where recorded in mono or in a stereo mic setup?

I suggest to try to understand this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mudW-nFxew

I dont speak spanish :( flamenco guitar at the end was mono micked but send to a nice big stereo plate reverb. but why? what is the problem?

Thank you :)
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby flipnaut » Sun May 31, 2015 6:22 pm

track / mix all is okay... like it very much. just for my taste there is way toooo much Reverb.

Perhaps use it only parallel on sends and make these more subtile.

But this is always a sort of personal taste i think. Others might love the reverbs going on ;) Of course they sound very real / authentic.
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Sun May 31, 2015 6:38 pm

yes, different tastes :D
i especially like the way you made it spacious and big with reverb.
there are so many depth levels that make it really interesting to hear.

great song and mix! reminds me of pink floyd at some points ...
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Songs/Tracks