New Maddi Jane song uses nebula

Postby jesse.nemitz » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:46 am

and a lot of it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0x0Ipp9tPU

CDSM Tape
AlexB EQs
Eric Beam's - Blue Stripe 1176, 3K, 6K
VNXT Plates - Snare and Vocal

And some UAD plugs for de-essing and eq tasks. I ran the Nebula Server on another machine with normal AND CUDA... and I ran Nebula Server local with a GeForce 570 running local CUDA. Most of the Mix was at 2048 samples. I loaded up about 40 instances of Nebula on remote machine and 1 CUDA... and 40 instances of Nebula local with 2 cuda reverbs on the local machine. Not a bad work flow although automation at 4096 sucks so I might have to figure something else out to print the TAPE at the beginning although I LOVE switching around tapes to find the best sound for each component of the mix.

I did end up running the mix through 14 channels of analog summing through my MCI console with upgraded opamps and I use about 6 channels of hardware compression in the mix as well (T**e-T**h, Fairchild, TLA-50s by Bob Alac and AGB comp from Black Lion)

Enjoy!
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: New Maddi Jane song uses nebula

Postby ericus » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:50 am

Sounds phenomenal! Wow! :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby mathias » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:52 am

wow great sound!
nice deep and wide soundstage and the dynamic of the song builds up nicely.

there is only one thing that irritated me.
when the drum comes in, the first two hits of the snare (rimclick) are without or less room and all of a sudden, the snare is in this room. for a moment this draws a lot of attention to it. is it meant like this?

thanks for posting,
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby jesse.nemitz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:15 pm

haha nice catch. Actually it is because the way Thomas hit the drum was slightly inconsistent and each drum hit sounded a bit different with sometimes a hit sounding choked like that. We would typically replace the drum with a steady transient from a sample or something but for this I was confident on his performance as a whole without trying to fix those individual hits. Perhaps I should though for all us engineers :)

I'm just mixing her all analog as much as possible with dynamic range to give her a unique sound with all the cover material and keep growing the mixes each time with a little bit more pizazz than the time before :)
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby zabukowski » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Ah, I really like it - music, performance, feeling, sound :)

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Return to Songs/Tracks