Login

Chrome Public

Your songs!

Chrome Public

Postby dream » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi Guys,

Recently I've been mixing the EP for this awesome band: Chrome Public.
I think they'll do great. :)

Some great people contributed to make this project very cool.
Here, on my website, who worked on the project:
http://goo.gl/6ffWLH

This one, is probably my favorite song on the EP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03VzvFpP9vs
Or, for those who like Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/6ShgxGFlyEGM4te7YcniHu

Hope the rock guys will like the songs as much as I had fun mixing them. :)
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
User avatar
dream
Member
Member
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: Los Angeles / Italy (Belluno)

Re: Chrome Public

Postby cpwade » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:37 am

Really fantastic. LA circa 1980's. My kind of thing. A bit like Toto meets Journey. Love it.
User avatar
cpwade
Member
Member
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Chrome Public

Postby mtalavera » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:51 am

I really love the low end on this song. The bass guitar is very distinct and clear, which is something I always listen for in a song. I still am trying to develop my bass guitar mixing technique.
mtalavera
Member
Member
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: Chrome Public

Postby dream » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 am

Thanks a lot for taking the time to listening!

cpwade wrote:Really fantastic. LA circa 1980's. My kind of thing. A bit like Toto meets Journey. Love it.

Awesome, TOTO are one of my favorite bands ever!

mtalavera wrote:I really love the low end on this song. The bass guitar is very distinct and clear, which is something I always listen for in a song. I still am trying to develop my bass guitar mixing technique.

Thanks mtalavera. :) A comment that means a lot to me, since was a very specific request and we spent quite a lot of time to achieve that.
There are kinda two ways of doing bass in this type of music, or having one big thing together with guitars, or having a bass very distinct from guitars. The latter is often a counter tendency in modern music, because it seems to fight against compressed master, but we went for it anyway.

In order to do that I use a lot a "british technique" (I believe) called "ringing". We talked about with some friend in this forum:
http://mixincafe.com/index.php/Thread/5 ... /?pageNo=1
http://mixincafe.com/index.php/Thread/5 ... /?pageNo=6
Probably you don't know italian, and probably you need to register to the forum, but there are many screenshots with the setting I used, in case you were interested. :)
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
User avatar
dream
Member
Member
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: Los Angeles / Italy (Belluno)

Re: Chrome Public

Postby Support » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 pm

dream wrote:Hi Guys,

Recently I've been mixing the EP for this awesome band: Chrome Public.
I think they'll do great. :)

Some great people contributed to make this project very cool.
Here, on my website, who worked on the project:
http://goo.gl/6ffWLH

This one, is probably my favorite song on the EP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03VzvFpP9vs
Or, for those who like Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/6ShgxGFlyEGM4te7YcniHu

Hope the rock guys will like the songs as much as I had fun mixing them. :)


Did you use Nebula and/or Acqua Effects?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.

Re: Chrome Public

Postby dream » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Quite a lot of Nebula (not Acqua FX though).

The pre-processing (nebula-man) is heavy, and in the mix there's so much Nebula I can't count the instances. :)
Pretty much every 3rd party developer.

The console (input, eq, send & return, master buss input, and master buss compressor) is SSL4000.
Mixing Engineer | Producer | Editing Audio Expert
http://www.davidefant.com
User avatar
dream
Member
Member
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: Los Angeles / Italy (Belluno)


Return to Songs/Tracks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests