Login

Mainstream pop wtih Nebula

Your songs!

Mainstream pop wtih Nebula

Postby jesse.nemitz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Haven't posted any of this stuff before; something different for a change. Nebula works like a charm on just about anything. AlexB, CDSM etc... all over this song.

Audio (Mastered by Tom Coyne)
http://soundcloud.com/maddijanemusic/to ... cj-holland
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Mainstream pop wtih Nebula

Postby ericus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:50 am

Great stuff...as always!

You're very talented, I wanna hear some more... :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby kcearl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Nice take on a great pop song...sounds completely pro

I think Ill go through your entire back catalogue, has it all used nebula?
kcearl
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mpodrug » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 am

Thank you for sharing jesse! Your stuffs are all amazing. So is also Maddi of course.

Care to share more about which libraries on which part you used? A little peek would always be gold for us all.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby GeorgeAlexander » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Jesse had told me about this forum, what a great place! We have been working on music together for a long time, partners in crime!

I'll humor you with some engineering if you dont mind :)

Vocals were recorded in a tuned room with a C800G that Mike Shipley had modded, with a N**e 1064. Or something like that! Singers were amazing :)

I got the stems after Jesse did his production (ask him all about it) some time later. Everything was mixed 100% ITB.

I really wanted the MLC sound, the Hi Z input is my favorite! I like to push it just over -18. Every track minus the Voxs has it. The vox were going into the N**e 1084 for Maddy and 1073 for CJ (or was it the other way around?).

Vocals were automated and eq-ed pre-comp. I used AlexB's silver76, PSP old timer, and the FabFilter ProC. Each one is shaving away something specific, and most of the dynamics come from automation. Vocals were EQed again post-comp. Eq was very subtle, voxs sounded amazing raw! Just some HPF and riding the plosives with the eq. Post-comp was no more than +1db with the N**e.

Reverbs and FX all had tape on them -- lowest saturation possible. Dont remember if I used the Revox or the Otari, whichever sounded deeper. MLC returns on all!

EQs I used on different tracks were the MLeq, and I think I used SPL's Passeq in m/s on a synth track... I probably used a GML somewhere too, tough to remember.

Love running kick drums in parallel with PSP warmer. LPF it, and really mangle it. Mix in subtle. Also good for base.

The fun part is the busing!!!! After automating in the stutters, sweeps, and fun junk, all bus groups go to 3-4 other bus groups with different compressors on them. Very similar to Michael Brauer's compression, except they are all run in parallel, anywhere from 25-75%. After that, they are sent to other bus groups with 100% compression on them, but no more than 0.8db or so. Everything is routed in stages, so you can control the flavor and mix of each comp. The ones I used were the 4KD, GMD, Slate's FGX (just the comp), and the PSP comp. MLC BGC on all buses!!!

The master bus had the modern tube vinyl thing on it, and that's it. Didn't like anything else on it, all the candy came from the bus groups!!

Who knows what Tom Coyne did in mastering, that man is amazing in every way :)

Hope this made some sense, sorry if things are poorly written, or if I forgot some stuff! Big fan of the Nebula. Much respect to all!

George
GeorgeAlexander
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jesse.nemitz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am

george engineers everything I do. We split mix duties somehwere in there on different tracks. He's also a sick DJ building up a show to debut in Nashville. Always helps to be a real-life badass when mixing.

then there's Tom Coyne... words fail me.
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby jesse.nemitz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:04 am

oh and when you make pop like this make sure you put autotune on EVERYTHING (including drums, reverb buses and the master bus) just to piss off the purists.
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby jesse.nemitz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:19 am

oh and to answer the previous question. Anything you can find has Nebula for sure. It's been a part of my arsenal for a long while by now.
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby mpodrug » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks so much George and Jesse for sharing the informations about your production.
Very precious for us.

I also enjoyed your post here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3521&p=22839#p22839

Please share more stuffs like this in the future. It might help others, and is a great promotion for nebula.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:40 am

Nice tune AND production !
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Songs/Tracks