Login

my tracks, have a listen...

Your songs!

my tracks, have a listen...

Postby cpwade » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:28 am

http://soundcloud.com/paulwade

Hi! Here's 10 songs I've done on Logic/Mac/Nebula.
I write, arrange, perform all tracks and instruments except some loops thrown in here and there to make it sound as if I were not a one man band hobbyist throwback whom got out of the biz in the 90's. :)

Tracking was done on protools, through an old Sansui MX-12 mixer (yeah, I know... but it sounds killer) then Audio Logic 660 dual compressor/limiter/gate from the 80's (barley touch the knobs or it crushes everything) into a digi 001 digitally piped to an mbox 2 then into G5, shure 57 and axs 3's , Line 6 POD (the original) new USA Strat, 74 tele, 83 jazz bass, 73 les paul custom, jcm 800 marshall, x2 12' (celestions) slant face cab, booms, real cry baby (old), three macs, yamaha ex5 synth, alexis nano synth, fostex A-8 LR 1/4 running ampex 456.

So, some gold and some garbage gear.

Internally my tools were mostly RTR, Tape Booster, NAG Tape, VM-Comp/Limiter, DME 1968 BIG, Neb 1.3.445 3 pro.

Others: Stillwell, Soft Tube, Airwindows, BX.

I'll be putting up about 40 more tracks, check back often, fully downloadable if you by chance find something for your mp3 player.

Edit: (clarity) Capture on protools, arrangements and mix down on logic/neb server .499n running Lion. Special nod to Zodiac, it's made it on to all current mixes.
Last edited by cpwade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Re: my tracks, have a listen...

Postby cpwade » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/pwade100

More tracks, with video and a plug for G and Neb.
cpwade

Postby richie43 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 am

Very cool stuff cpwade!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:53 am

richie43 wrote:Very cool stuff cpwade!

Just so much to digest ;) Go ahead
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cpwade » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:02 am

Stylistically diverse, you might find something you like?

Next up, some chill, acid jazz and ambient (yes, relaxing, with bubbles and fishes and the lot)

"Just so much to digest ;) Go ahead" Been hearing that most of my life...

:)
cpwade

Postby yr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 am

A lot of cool sounds/tracks. Just wondering- why are the peak levels of the aif files so low?
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cpwade » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:40 pm

yr wrote:A lot of cool sounds/tracks. Just wondering- why are the peak levels of the aif files so low?

Agreed. Not a big fan of slamming the tracks to be "loud", however, clearly I need to get the level up. Thanks for pointing that out. :oops:
cpwade

Postby elam » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Don't get me wrong it was a compliment.It's just me ...I can't catch up ;) It's just a "rain of songs"

cpwade wrote:Stylistically diverse, you might find something you like?

Definitly cpwade,it's refreshing and good to hear an artist with a so large palette (and the production quality's here). Nice.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cpwade » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragment.

I will work on peak levels, I hate the thought of strapping on an L-1 type thing and crushing the breath out of it and adding negative distortion. Suggestions welcomed. I think it will start with having another look at gain staging, and my fear of hitting the nebula compressors too hard... that is the key I suspect. I hate the "radio" mix sound even though most of this material is aimed in that direction.

I will focus on redoing some of my more esoteric material too. All organic and all tape. No sequences.

Now that my workflow has settled after the nebula addition, I naturally had to go back and remix everything, with amazing improvements. I've got quite a backlog of stuff going back 15 years..

I actually don't this for a living any longer although I did very well in the 80's as a session guitarist and "for hire" stage guy - Eric Martin, Huey Lewis, Ian Michael, Santana, etc. San Francisco based obviously, and thats the crowd I hung out with. Van Halen just hit the scene so I left my blues sound behind and quickly copied that "Eddie" sound for awhile. Lucky me. The session work lead to my exposure and fascination with studios and mixing. Then came the DAW...

I'm a chef these days, with a home studio. Quiet life. I look at old stage and band photos, not sure how I survived all that. I'm 48.
cpwade

Postby yr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Actually I don't see any reason why you should use a limiter. You can just normalize the tracks to -0.3dBFS (or less for the tracks you want to sound quieter). I asked about the peak levels because I was wondering if you somehow made the tracks for TV broadcast...
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Next

Return to Songs/Tracks