Login

60s Instrumental Surf Track - Mission Impossible

Your songs!

60s Instrumental Surf Track - Mission Impossible

Postby babiuk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Hello, I post here a song I recorded and produced using just Nebula.
It´s a surf/instrumental from one band I have, The Bakelites, in the purist style of 60s sound (I´m obssesed with that), the freq range and everything in the sound it´s deliberated. I´m happy with the results, it´s very close to what I´m looking for.
The most important factor in this sound has been the Bogen Console from CDSoundmaster. For me it´s the best tool ITB, it´s all what I have been waiting from years working digital. Michael is a genius! And he´s a very polite man, his golden knowledge has been so usefull for me(and I suposse for a crowd of you).
I also used strongly in this track R2R and a collection of programs from CDSoundmaster's collections I have.
Another cool thing in this search of 60s sound has been the EMT140, thanks a lot to nextaz for allowing that important piece of the puzzle.
And another program I love for that is the Trebble and Bass Selmer amp from Lordnielsons. I recorded the bass through a 60s amp and cabinet, but anyway I even passed the bass track through this program, the results are incredible, very close to the Selmer amp emulated (I used one of them on a recording of my other band and this is very close).
Well, I hope you can value this track in his 60s pretended context. Any suggest will be welcomed:

http://soundcloud.com/babiuk/mission-impossible

Note: I did no edit of the stuff as a rule, so next time we are forced to play it better, hehe...
"If you made a mistake the mistake will survive forever, play better next time!"
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: 60s Instrumental Surf Track - Mission Impossible

Postby mordecainyc » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:02 am

Sounds good!!
mordecainyc
User Level V
User Level V

Postby cpwade » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:33 am

Love it!! Great job, right down to the tones and verb. Even the playing style is on point. Close my eyes and I see you guys playing a beach party..
cpwade

Postby elam » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Good job Babiuk.Did you try Cupwise spring reverb set ? Maybe be a good add to your 60's sound arsenal.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby babiuk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Thanks for the comments.
I´m so happy with Michaels' Bogen, now I can get close to the sound I´m looking for from years.
About reverbs I´m just using the EMT 140 cos it´s the gear used in the 60s music I try to re-create and the results are atonishing for me (it´s the SOUND), anyway I´ll try cupwise reverb, I didn´t know it.

By the way, any advices or tips in order to get this kind of sound would be welcome for sure. Please feel free to let everything you think it´s related to. ;)
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby elam » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:39 pm

I didn't check it yet but his tube FM 3 seems really promising too (and may be useful for what you're looking for).He have really great price and his libraries are huge ! (be ready for hours of experimentation!)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby yr » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 pm

I think your definitely in the right direction. Perhaps you could try EQing the master to bring the HM a bit more forward. You hear it on many recordings from that time. Something like a boost in the 3500-4000Hz region (wide) + small cut in the 1250Hz region (also wide). Try also cutting some of the extreme HF with a wide bell centered around 15kHz. If you didn't try it yet, waves MPX might also be interesting to use (just guessing- haven't tried it).
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Songs/Tracks