Login

Techy thrash metal

Your songs!

Techy thrash metal

Postby woeischris » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:19 pm

This is an almost-final mix for a band I've been recording called Abserdo.

http://subvertallmedia.com/mixes/abserdo/abserdo-track1-21711.mp3

I'm having some problems with clicks in the kick because of the Nebula's handling of transients with comps. I'm going to try making some changes recommended by AitB but will probably end up buying The Glue and getting it over with. In the meantime, I've pleased with this. CLC all over it along with CLeQ, MLeQ on guitars, Alex's analog panner, Snap Comp all over the place, and CDSoundmaster's VTMM2 on practically everything. Room of Life on the room mic, I used the 87. No R2R or TB+ this time around.
woeischris

Re: Techy thrash metal

Postby woeischris » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:16 am

You guys suck. If this was gearslutz, I'd have half a dozen replies saying that it's too compressed and the only way to fix the numerous glaring performance errors is to rerecord the whole thing.
woeischris

Postby fuseburn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 am

woeischris wrote:You guys suck. If this was gearslutz, I'd have half a dozen replies saying that it's too compressed and the only way to fix the numerous glaring performance errors is to rerecord the whole thing.

hahaha nice one ;-)
Didn't like at first listen (just not my cup of tea I guess) but at a second glance I quite like it. Nice early Slayerish attitude, nothing wrong with the performance ! In my taste there could be more 50-Hz-action in the kickdrum compared to the thick 200Hz-density, but it definitely fits the style.
Actually, this might be exactly what Metallica tried with St. Anger: It sounds very pissed of, raw, garage-y, unpolished, drums drowning etc, but it's very good sounding at the same time. They failed, you nailed it ! Thumbs up !
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby woeischris » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Haha! Maybe I'm just warped from listening to a lot of underground metal but to me, it sounds pretty polished and clean by those standards, not necessarily garage-y. :?
Glad you like it though. I'm quite happy with it and can't wait to make some tweaks and get it mastered. Good ears on the kick, there's a HPF through the upper 50s to define it as much as possible. He plays very fast at some points so I was trying to get as much definition as possible. Still not quite happy with the result there.
woeischris

Return to Songs/Tracks