Login

8x Oversampling

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: 8x Oversampling

Postby alexhayes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 am

farjedi wrote:Aether has different playback and offline settings if you want them..exporting gets extremely slow at the high settings.

Even with all Voxengo plugins at 8x it doesn't seem like its that slow to export/bounce. My project isn't full of them but by the time I'm ready to export I don't mind waiting around for a bit.

If you have voxengo elephant try it and there clearly is a difference in terms of avoiding overs - whether I could pick it in a blind test is another matter entirely ;)
alexhayes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mimi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:45 am

wow! I'm amazed that ...People demand the maximum performance, and want the addition of absurdity in all.
I know that worrying is good, responses per second and oversample, the sampling rate.
I'm more worried about not having anything else to record, with both sampling rate infrasound and oversample flying around ...
I'll records back with machine, and analog consoles.
The digital sound is not good ?!?!?!?!!
But as I said every one in his, and I think the legal concern.
And I wonder, where is the concern with the music?
Where is the concern with the great song?
Where is the soul of sound that seems to have been lost in this digital nightmare?
A great song, not great tool ... In the end the tool will always be obsolete, for those who have love for tools.
A happy, arrangement, and a good record, to all.
And when the USS Enterprise, rotate, the nebula 100 version XL, no be good .
we need 800 x oversample.
We will produce less, earn less, and people will care less about the music, that no longer provides more money for everyone.
A new beginning is near, and new audiophile ears are from mp3, and certainly are not even there for details, what counts is the music.
The demanding market of the moment and broadcast.
And soon, all companies will do this, leaving the music as the fifteenth plan.
Let it go, my candid outburst.

A hug to everyone.
Mimi

Postby alexhayes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:54 am

Mimi wrote:wow! I'm amazed that ...People demand the maximum performance, and want the addition of absurdity in all.
I know that worrying is good, responses per second and oversample, the sampling rate.
I'm more worried about not having anything else to record, with both sampling rate infrasound and oversample flying around ...
I'll records back with machine, and analog consoles.
The digital sound is not good ?!?!?!?!!
But as I said every one in his, and I think the legal concern.
And I wonder, where is the concern with the music?
Where is the concern with the great song?
Where is the soul of sound that seems to have been lost in this digital nightmare?
A great song, not great tool ... In the end the tool will always be obsolete, for those who have love for tools.
A happy, arrangement, and a good record, to all.
And when the USS Enterprise, rotate, the nebula 100 version XL, no be good .
we need 800 x oversample.
We will produce less, earn less, and people will care less about the music, that no longer provides more money for everyone.
A new beginning is near, and new audiophile ears are from mp3, and certainly are not even there for details, what counts is the music.
The demanding market of the moment and broadcast.
And soon, all companies will do this, leaving the music as the fifteenth plan.
Let it go, my candid outburst.

A hug to everyone.

I don't remember anyone ever saying anything about not caring about the music? did someone say that?

Also... by the very nature of being on this forum I think its fair to say you care about quality of sound because otherwise you would not be using Nebula - lets face facts, there are a lot easier tools to use that will get you most of the way there...

I agree that music and the song should always come first - you can't polish a turd ;)
alexhayes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mimi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 am

Yes I care, stopped seeking .
I know there are solutions easier, more with a lot of times dubious quality.
I agree.
I just blurted, a concern.
I was buying a 32-channel console TAC, I met nebula, and gave one more chance to the digital mix.
was going back to analog.
More today this issue of quality digital haunts me.
Thanks to all opinions of the posts.
Mimi

Postby alexhayes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 am

Mimi wrote:Yes I care, stopped seeking .
I know there are solutions easier, more with a lot of times dubious quality.
I agree.
I just blurted, a concern.
I was buying a 32-channel console TAC, I met nebula, and gave one more chance to the digital mix.
was going back to analog.
More today this issue of quality digital haunts me.
Thanks to all opinions of the posts.

In terms of song quality I think there is still a lot of really great music being made, its just I don't think a lot of it makes it to radio. However beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....

In terms of quality digital/recordings like you I think it comes more down to the song. This I believe is one of the reasons that the majority of people dont have a problem listening to a bad quality mp3 because its the song that touches them - not the quality of the recording.... perhaps another topic ;)
alexhayes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mimi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:08 am

I was bad interpreted.
what wanted to talk to my post was the will I have to find a way to bring a quality to the ears of audiophiles today.
How to improve customs new? how to improve the auditory illiteracy in the new generation? I do not say those working on the technical side of music, but the younger kids who listens.
Everything is web and Mp3.
The music market is heading for a strange place.
I'm sorry if I played bad, did not want to offend anyone.
Who makes music technically excellent today I consider a hero.
I believe that all the technicians and producers who work seriously, they are great heroes, is not easy.
I would love to know opinions on the best way of Mp3.
But this is another story.
Mimi

Postby alexhayes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:19 am

No offence taken :)

Yes it goes seem strange that with todays download speeds and harddrive sizes mp3 is still the dominant force. What I also find amusing is that people are prepared to pay for apps but aren't prepared to pay for music, but hey...

I can tell you that from my own experience with http://thehiddenventure.com that no one downloads the flac version that we provide, just the mp3 or the aac.

I've been tempted to put up a more dynamically mastered version of the track also and the software I have written for the site will support that, but I have serious doubts that anyone will care - we aren't exactly playing audiophile music...
alexhayes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Something I still haven't seen in this thread (that I think should have been first thing): where is the need for oversampling? Unless there is an aliasing problem, I wouldn't be in a rush to get this CPU crippler implemented, especially with better compressor support and server on the table (which are both addressing known limitations).

We have a saying here:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:49 am

ngarjuna wrote:We have a saying here:

Man, it's scary, I just wanted to say the exact same thing! 8-)
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mimi » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:50 am

I fully agree
Mimi

PreviousNext

Return to Other things