Login

Slate Digital VCC N**e emu soundz real Gooooood!!

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Slate Digital VCC N**e emu soundz real Gooooood!!

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:46 am

the experience with nebula is so much better if you use a fast cpu (latency could be removed) and basically slate is suggesting to upgrade the system. But I'm speaking about a different thing: a thread there was not closed but REMOVED.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:17 am

giancarlo wrote:the experience with nebula is so much better if you use a fast cpu (latency could be removed)

I don't know, I've never tried it but my own tests in my Core i5 tell me this is unlikely with real-life projects where you need at least 8 tracks while recording drums. No latency? with several tracks armed and recording through Nebula? I have to see that. Anyways, the problem here is not Nebula but ProTools and its crippled software.

giancarlo wrote:and basically slate is suggesting to upgrade the system.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they'll cut some corners here and there to make it CPU friendly which will possibly compromise the quality (something I admire from you, you CARE about quality). In any case, cutting or not corners this is gonna be a CPU hog I guess.

giancarlo wrote:But I'm speaking about a different thing: a thread there was not closed but REMOVED.

Well, it's GS, what else could you expect my friend :) I had a feeling this was gonna happen sooner than later, too much hype + too many people involved + no real demos = things HAD to get ugly eventually hehe

Cheers.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:52 am

but it's a pity, last page of that thread was REALLY good
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 am

giancarlo wrote:but it's a pity, last page of that thread was REALLY good

...yes I am sad it did not remain for posterity...

GS can get argumentative but its still a great place IMO. I get a lot out of the electronic music section. And the Low-end area is great for good hardware deals and nice advice. 'Search' function you can find lots of info on whatever you want. Inevitably people get tired of the same questions being asked - and you generally want to avoid any converter or hardware vs plugin threads...and slate threads...
Still - cant entirely bash as FX-G is very good.

Also look Chrisj has released his console bus plugin at airwindows.com - with a nice little story with it ;)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:53 pm

I am sure that we will see more and more console emulations... Factories feel the business.. And all declare : mine is the better with the exactly sound.
We are lucky with all these opportunities :mrgreen:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby mertayy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:35 pm

AlexB wrote:I am sure that we will see more and more console emulations...

If they don't start shooting each other :lol:

I mean we do discuss sometimes naturally but nice thing such hate doesn't happen here, also I find writing such introductory for a product non-professional.
mertayy

Postby lordnielson » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:02 pm

SWAN wrote:Also look Chrisj has released his console bus plugin at airwindows.com - with a nice little story with it ;)

LOL, Chrisj is a riot. That guy has a virtual plow strapped to himself on Gearslutz. He can be almost childlike but at the same time very sincere and honest. I do like that.

His new console thingy is certainly better than other algo saturators so far.
lordnielson

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:15 pm

Gearslutz is a real love hate thing for me.

On one hand, if I am looking to buy a piece of hardware or software, it's a great opportunity to read many (sometimes dozens) of reviews and comparisons, often by people who are using them in "working" conditions (I avoid using the word professional because, for the most part, you never really know who you're dealing with). I find that searching Gearslutz is a great way to evaluate products.

On the other hand, actually reading threads there is enough to make you lose hope in humanity. Petty non-working has beens taking pot shots at prominent names; gear pimps using vitriol, sarcasm and snark to sell some products and assassinate others; daily threads about how sad it is that the entitlement hungry "industry" is "dying" because now Wesley Willis' former drummer cannot afford his private jet and coke habit; wildly impossible claims based on pseudoscience; rigged listening tests; name dropping at its worst; using an Emmy/grammy (in set design) to justify one's opinion on audio science; and at least 3 threads a day asking which preamp to use with an SM-7 on male rap vocals.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby loki » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:22 pm

ngarjuna wrote:Gearslutz is a real love hate thing for me.

On one hand, if I am looking to buy a piece of hardware or software, it's a great opportunity to read many (sometimes dozens) of reviews and comparisons, often by people who are using them in "working" conditions (I avoid using the word professional because, for the most part, you never really know who you're dealing with). I find that searching Gearslutz is a great way to evaluate products.

On the other hand, actually reading threads there is enough to make you lose hope in humanity. Petty non-working has beens taking pot shots at prominent names; gear pimps using vitriol, sarcasm and snark to sell some products and assassinate others; daily threads about how sad it is that the entitlement hungry "industry" is "dying" because now Wesley Willis' former drummer cannot afford his private jet and coke habit; wildly impossible claims based on pseudoscience; rigged listening tests; name dropping at its worst; using an Emmy/grammy (in set design) to justify one's opinion on audio science; and at least 3 threads a day asking which preamp to use with an SM-7 on male rap vocals.

Haha, you nailed it buddy! :D
loki
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to Other things