Login

Slate Digital VCC N**e emu soundz real Gooooood!!

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Slate Digital VCC N**e emu soundz real Gooooood!!

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:06 am

TranscendingMusic wrote:As far as I understand it, it's an actual limitation of traditional algcode. The way I like to think of it is, not thinking in terms of emulating a sound by a static state but reflecting a sound with its analog mechanistic realism intact; hearing an actual part of analog nature not copying it.
I'm not trying to speak for anybody else here either, I've already stated that practically speaking, there may be a certain level - regarding our perceptive thresholds - in which algcoded plugin suffices. May be, who knows?
My plight here is really a matter of what is being said and suggesting unprescedented tools where such tools have already existed (such as Nebula). I'm not putting out there which is better perceptively, subjectively or practically. I'm just saying that in examining and comparing on a technical level, one method of processing involves a mutli-variable function rather than a linear static state of functions.

Yes, they're not reinventing the wheel here, hence my question some weeks ago:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=255

No actual response as you can see :roll:
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:55 am

but no, you can do that: for example you know that an internal variable is floating between 2 values (measured) and you simply move it. There are even virtual instrument based on this concept (I think even virus is doing something similar).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm

a whole thread disappeared on gearslutz?
"so what happened to the Slate VCC Audio Demos?"

do you have any clue about that?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really I don't understand this gearslutz any more...
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby AlexB » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:06 pm

no, this thread was closed just after someone accused an other user who posted 64 times in gearslutz, and 63 were just praises toward slate.

I'm speaking about the other thread named "so what happened", today a lot of guys posted interesting things about ethics (among them, swan808). I was reading this thread on my iphone (it's stored there), suddenly it disappeared (or maybe it was renamed? but it seems like I can't find it any more).

[edit] posts from rhytmmaster, blim, bigjunk, chrisj, swan808, ...
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mertayy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 pm

I remember seeing such topic but didn't read it, seems someone has GS admin. buddys to cover-up hired "undercover" employee fu.k-up's :lol:
mertayy

Postby SWAN » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 pm

giancarlo wrote:no, this thread was closed just after someone accused an other user who posted 64 times in gearslutz, and 63 were just praises toward slate.

I'm speaking about the other thread named "so what happened", today a lot of guys posted interesting things about ethics (among them, swan808). I was reading this thread on my iphone (it's stored there), suddenly it disappeared (or maybe it was renamed? but it seems like I can't find it any more).

Oh yes I was involved in that (SWAN808) - I was writing a post then suddenly it disappeared. I felt remorse for the way it had turned bad. I made some points about marketing and ethics but some did get personal which was not helping...
Mainly I want the Slate team to learn the lesson not to do this advanced pre-release marketing BS - and that I and others wont stand for it on a public forum-especially the 'new low-post count members' who turn up only on slate threads giving positive comments. There was a healthy group of protesters coming in making similar points-good stuff. Shame it got deleted as opposed to closed and left there.
No one else does this premature hype-laden launch - and it creates these car-crash threads where people get annoyed and they then get closed. Its bad PR for Slate but I suppose for them it is still promotion.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 am

giancarlo wrote:no, this thread was closed just after someone accused an other user who posted 64 times in gearslutz, and 63 were just praises toward slate.

Ah OK, I don't know this... I didn't like much GS forum, it seems to be converted himself in a recover for pathetic and frustrated people with a ton of pantomimic situations... :geek:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby farjedi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 am

Believe it or not 4 or 5 years ago when I joined it was a pretty civil place, it then got popular, people were being attacked for helping or asking 'stupid' questions and this horrible pack mentality immerged in places.
In the case of Slate, I think those type of threads where there is 100 pages or more of speculation before a product is even available to demo is just the worse kind of marketing imaginable. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I think this will be yet another hyped up product that fails to live up to expectations.
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Mercado_Negro » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:10 am

Slate's marketing methods seem to work, he gets all the hype, hate and love he needs for promotion (even from developers of other products). I don't understand why people seem to be so worried about it. It's just marketing, exaggerated or not it is just that and we see these methods everyday, everywhere (TV, supermarket, streets full of billboards, etc.) Is it annoying sometimes? Yes, of course but we don't call up agencies to complain, do we? Most marketing methods don't believe in ethics, people just want to sell their product, it's up to us to buy/pay attention or not. Saying 'we nailed it' was out of proportions and perspective but it was funny because it demonstrates how far some people can go to sell their stuff (and make people believe it is true). To this date, the closest you can get to analog is Nebula but why people don't seem to like Nebula? Because a) they're used to digital sound hence they can't really tell the difference, which isn't bad because music is subjective; b) they don't understand it; c) Nebula adds tons of latency and most of this guys work on PT LE or M-Powered and it's a pain for them and d) Nebula lacks usability in 90% of its areas which makes people think twice before purchasing it (most people I've tried to introduce Nebula to complain about this).

Too bad they didn't post the answers of the last blind test, I was very curious if I was wrong or right.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Other things