Login

Slate Digital VCC N**e emu soundz real Gooooood!!

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Slate Digital VCC N**e emu soundz real Gooooood!!

Postby HIFIDELITY » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:37 pm

just listened to the demos of the new N**e console that will be included in the up and coming VCC plug-in from Slate Digital. Now im no proffessional by any stretch of the imagination! but the demos sounded real nice,i truly could not tell the difference between the plugin and the console(Apogee Duet,mackie Hr824 mk11 and DT770 pro) Now im not saying these are better than the third party devs consoles! i have CLC Pro and think its exellent! but the VCC has the benefit of having SIX consoles all in the one plugin! I no a few of you have been over at GS and listened to the demos,so i would really like to hear your opinions, do you think Slate Digital have finally proved that the sound of analog summing and all its non.linearaities CAN be done with Algorithms or is nebula the only true way to get analog summing itb?
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: Slate Digital VCC N**e emu soundz real Gooooood!!

Postby mertayy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Oh so many posts there...can you write which post number is the N**e demo at?

I listened the S*L examples posted before and wasn't impressed.
mertayy

Postby grahamduncan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:43 pm

grahamduncan
User Level I
User Level I

Postby mertayy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks...omg 4 examples inc. an itb version :( I'm bored of such games.
mertayy

Postby Metalblast » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:41 am

no comment until the release of the real plugin.
1179 entries for a audio demo- what for sickos :lol:
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 am

I never trust audio demos. You don't know what was done on console, what just using plugins and nobody will never check that in the future, cause the lacking of original stems. Wait for their release, than you could process your stems on both platforms and check results. I guess you'll get surprises. If you like them so much, you could sample vcc using nat, I'll guess those programs could be optimized and the cpu load of the result not so different (for example if their kernels are short or few, you could make them short on nebula and save a lot of cpu cycles). So only time will tell you what's best.

All I know, we are doing the same things are developers are doing (eq, pre, tapes, consoles, saturation emulations), and people checks plugins and nebula and at the end nebula sounds always better. It's a matter of technique....

Last thing, we'll model true dynamic crosstalk (not the one claimed by slate, which was accomplished by alessandro boschi time ago). At the end, their plugin is what we provided for free with "analog channel" in january 2007 and developed by us in 2006 (!!!!!). Even CPU load of analog channel is not so high, the difference between alessandro boschi emulations and analog channel is only a matter of quality, and you can't check quality just running a rock mix. Last thing, I guess we could invade gearslutz with thousands of threads with demos of comparison between emulations and real gear, and I'm sure nobody will distinguish them, because the same equipment using for sampling would be used for making the demo (same converters, for example, and you could match best cases for example). We are not for that, we are not for shouting. There is a working demo, we didn't announce anything, if you are curious you could test by yourself, which I think is fair. And no, our software is not claimed as hardware replacement, this would damage hardware companies and would be a steal of THEIR work, especially if you are not affiliated.

Last thing. With nebula you don't have JUST 6 consoles. You have them, their equalisers, thousands of different colors. And nebula costs 20 eur (nebula2 commercial). And cpu load is never an issue if you use nrgui (renderer). There are tons of free presets, their quality is excellent. Otherwise even the stock eq of cubase could do the trick.

Time will tell you who's right.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 am

btw, I'm following that thread and I think I know why chrisj is behaving so. I think it's a matter of fairness. They are raising the bar of hype too much imho, because if every developer would behave in that way ("we nailed it!", "omg, it sounds awesome!" "I can't believe that!", sic, I know, they will be emulated by other developers soon) there would be so much noise around till complete chaos, you would not trust developers any more.

satisfaction = results - expectations
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Owen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:32 am

giancarlo wrote: you would not trust developers any more.

You're presuming we trust developers right now! :lol:

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mordecainyc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:01 pm

I think its mostly the Gearslutz readers who are raising the hype to a crazy level, Slate only posted some sound demos and answered questions.

Anyway, let them all play with VCC.

I am nevertheless quite sure Nebula will become the standard some day, in the near future. In the meantime the current Nebula users will have access to many sounds and colors that cannot be achieved with other plugs.
mordecainyc
User Level V
User Level V

Postby mertayy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Nice post Giancarlo.

P.S.: Steven Slate mix sound sucks :mrgreen:
mertayy

Next

Return to Other things