Login

How to answer a question

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

How to answer a question

Postby Black Sunshine » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi, when a new person ask a question about something the idea is to answer and not confuse. The new person (key adjective ) is new and when he/ she asks a specific question it does not help if you throw in another technical aspect thatthey may know nothing about. For example:
Question: What is a cat?
Bad answer: Have you ever seen a kitten... or a mouse? mice are afraid of cats because cats eat them and mice repodruce like crazy and spread diseases, and a kitten is a baby cat.
Good Answer: A cat is a member of the feline family that includes Lions, Tigers, Panthers Jaguars, leopards etc. It is a mammal, that is found on most continents, and it's young are called kittens. Acat is usually, however the name given to the youngg cats.
Point: When asked a question and someone says they are new, understand new means 'new' (as in I don't know a damned thing about this.) When you go off on a tangent with a new person, although I am not one easily intimidated, it tends to turn one off and well, that guy is lost for another three to five years until someone or some other program comes along and makes it easy for the new guy.
Dude, I am a fucking rock musician who plays and chases ass most of the time not a dork assed nerd that lives in his mom's basement waiting for an attempt to dazzle you with the vernacular of whatever bullshit that normal people could give a shit about...
Black Sunshine
Black Sunshine
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: How to answer a question

Postby mertayy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi,

I checked out your history to see exactly what you mean.

Thing is; if you're a user of Nebula you can get direct answers to questions like -why doesn't Nebula convert X preset to project sample rate, I can't find X preset in library or Nebula crashes when...

But if you want to sample things you're generally on your own cause there isn't a fully detailed manual yet and since answers bring more questions, not many members has such time to help.

I can only recommend since you're new to Nebula, pass the sampling side of the story for a while and just explore it as a user.

Generally questions that evolves through usage are already asked and forum can be searched or sure you can ask again if needed as there's no problem with that.
mertayy

Postby Black Sunshine » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:40 am

Now THAT'S how you answer a question!
No, don't get me wrong... I think this is a MARVELOUS project... and I wasn't referring to the kind gentleman that answered my question. Some of the others I have read though.
But you answered the question about the owners manual though.
But hopefully you can see how this could stifle creativity.
Thanks,
Black Sunshine
Black Sunshine
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mertayy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 am

:)

No problem. English is a second language for many users here (like me) and though communication can get a little complicated because of this, intention here is always good.
mertayy

Postby Black Sunshine » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 am

I've noticed a LOT of good programs come out of Europe, and other countries as well. I mean hardcore programs!
Thanx Dude! 8-)
Black Sunshine
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Barendse » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:09 am

Black Sunshine wrote:Hi, when a new person ask a question about something the idea is to answer and not confuse. The new person (key adjective ) is new and when he/ she asks a specific question it does not help if you throw in another technical aspect thatthey may know nothing about. For example:
Question: What is a cat?
Bad answer: Have you ever seen a kitten... or a mouse? mice are afraid of cats because cats eat them and mice repodruce like crazy and spread diseases, and a kitten is a baby cat.
Good Answer: A cat is a member of the feline family that includes Lions, Tigers, Panthers Jaguars, leopards etc. It is a mammal, that is found on most continents, and it's young are called kittens. Acat is usually, however the name given to the youngg cats.
Point: When asked a question and someone says they are new, understand new means 'new' (as in I don't know a damned thing about this.) When you go off on a tangent with a new person, although I am not one easily intimidated, it tends to turn one off and well, that guy is lost for another three to five years until someone or some other program comes along and makes it easy for the new guy.
Dude, I am a fucking rock musician who plays and chases ass most of the time not a dork assed nerd that lives in his mom's basement waiting for an attempt to dazzle you with the vernacular of whatever bullshit that normal people could give a shit about...
Black Sunshine

Go making fucking rock music.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to Other things