Login

Calling all Samplers and coders - crowd instrument editing

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Calling all Samplers and coders - crowd instrument editing

Postby Henry Olonga » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi guys,
A few years ago I was into sampling everything at insane quality.I think you know that. :)
I sampled for Nebula but also for samplers - Kontakt etc.Then life changed for me as I emigrated to Australia and I stopped sampling altogether for a season. I feel the bug to get back into it.

In the past I have sampled a nice piano,some drums, many instruments and much more now lying on my Hardrive that is too difficult to edit for one man. It was a labour of love but the editing has turned me off. So they may never see the light of day. The piano took me three days to sample. 192 khz using my GML Pres and Earthworks QTC50s. The sound is true to life and high resolution. I sampled in small steps but it sounds promising ( six dynamic levels ). It could be the most realistic imaging piano library I reckon. But as a one man band who has lots to do this year - it is impossible for me to continue with the project. But it would be a shame if nothing came of it.

But the thought crossed my mind that if a lot of people edited a little bit of the samples then it would allow the creation of the instruments to see the light of day. Now because I cannot edit to save my life 1) little experience with Kontakt and also 2) as there is too much stuff, I though perhaps to crowd source the labour to do it. I may make them opensource instruments available for free on my site or perhaps for a small donation. Not sure but I wish to make amazing instruments for cheap - or free - or opensource.

Calling all people who know how to edit samples. They need chopping, trimming,fading, maybe labelling and noise reduction. Noise reduction I could probably do before to guarantee uniformity across the samples. Then adding to Kontakt as instruments. Sampled at 192 khz. You would need a basic knowledge of Kontakt editing.

As a group maybe we can make something happen? So anyone keen on this perhaps throw your hat in the ring to let me know your willingness to join in. In the case of the piano - probably the first undertaking you may just need to edit one recording of about six pedal down strikes and six pedal up ones. That's it. I would then need about 88 people to do this. Or perhaps someone has a lot of time and can do a whole octave. Either way - I will gladly accept whatever anyone can help with.

I could upload the files to someplace in the cloud and then folk can download, edit and re-upload for the final instrument build. Then the scripting gurus can get to work if it helps - psuedo round robin etc.

If this concept works then I shall invest more time into creating more stuff in the future. If I get support, I would like to make the highest resolution most detailed percussive instruments ever. Piano, drums, keys, percussion, etc. The gear is here ready to work and the desire to make this happen is there. I will make the time, fund the recordings and drive this thing but I need a team of people who are willing to play a small role in a big whole.

Let me know here and I can gauge whether this can happen. If you offer to help you can receive the full sampled instrument for nothing and ahead of time of main release.

I recorded in reaper so anyone can have access to an easy to use DAW to open the projects.

Let me know of any other suggestions folk may have here too.

Much love
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Re: Calling all Samplers and coders - crowd instrument editi

Postby markgalup » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Henry,

I know you don't know me but I know your work thoroughly as I use it in every project, and I believe some of your libs are absolutely as good as it gets (Titan and Girthy are my current faves). Thank you so much for your excellent work and generosity.

I have never scripted or built instruments for Kontakt (positive I could learn), but I would like to be involved in the editing and forensic work. Depending on if I can develop a solid workflow, I could potentially do a bunch of these. I use virtual pianos often during production, and I'm sure yours would become a favorite of many including myself. Let me know how I can help - feel free to PM me or email me at markgalup [at] gmail [dot] com :)

Best,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts
markgalup
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 am

Awesome MG - but we're gonna need a few more than just two!!!! :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:54 pm

sadly i got no sampling or coding skills

but if there is anything i could do to help im in

with some instructions for easier things i think i can help as im a fast learner

i just posted a link to this thread on GS Acqua general discussion thread as i know there are some talented guys in there

it could help getting the message to reach out to more people

i really would want this piano one day as i use sampled pianos a lot too :)

thanks for you're already outstanding tools Henry
not one project is without all you can eat and Titan V.2 in them

it will be sad if your piano never see the light of day
so i hope i can be useful for something

Best
Jonny Fjerstad
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Gold • Honey • Ivory2 IAE-2 • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • Titanium2 • White2 • N3S • N4
jfjer379
Expert
Expert

Postby robschroeder » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:11 pm

I can help with KSP Coding > rob(at)robschroeder.info
robschroeder

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:10 am

Awesome stuff guys - I am currently in the process of packaging to upload for three or so folks who are happy to edit an octave each from the Reaper forum. Anyone else willing to join in all good.

I am actually in the process of doing the noise reduction now.

Then I shall upload the octaves in zips and then hopefully we can get this thing on the road. :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Thierr7 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 am

Hi Henry ,

I can do it as well but i use Kontakt mainly as a Rompler ... Besides i'm a Reaper user .

I surely bought and enjoy your libraries :)

Just PM me if i can help !
Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby antago1 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:55 pm

I have no idea how to do code, but I wanted to drop this off, to see if it would be useful. I use your Nebula presets daily, as they are some of the most realistic sample libraries I've ever heard in a computer! I hope this will help.

http://www.rigid-audio.com/products_kon ... maker.html
antago1
User Level II
User Level II

Postby drumsareme » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:08 am

Hi Henry !

Ive PM'd you ;)
drumsareme
User Level II
User Level II

Postby ce1909 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi Henry,

Hope all is well.
OT but just a note to say thanks for AYCE 2017 update for CloneQ.

Already I've found many useful presets & haven't gone through them all.

Appreciate your efforts & work!
For Sale Honey, LIME, Magenta, Pink, Purple Bundle, Ultramarine, White2
PM if interested
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to Other things