Login

Acustica is going cleaner ...

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Acustica is going cleaner ...

Postby Thierr7 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi All ,

- It's being a little while since i was thinking about posting on that subject ...

- Giancarlo , you posted a while back that EDM users were complaining about delays , artifacts that were present in your releases . I then posted that i understood quiet well the potential loss for your company abt that problem , you answered that you had to do a compromise because 50 percents of users were "unable" to use your Acqua Plugins to their own taste ...

- I defenatly can hear that compromise in the latest releases ; don't get me wrong , i really enjoy your huge progress in the "Comp" area and i really enjoy working with the "Pink Bundle" .

- AC3 is working better than previous releases as well and i sure like it but ...

- I have the feeling that AA is getting closer everyday to the "Good" Algos Plugins area which is , to my taste , too bad ...

- isn't it that very special sound , 3D'sh and "Real" Analog vibe that made you so special vs other companys ?

- I really dig "Purple Bundle" too but i can hear clearly that you've been "cutting" earlier whatever your technology involves to make it much cleaner and thus , unfortunatly losing (some) of the Magic ?

- I don't know if it would be possible to get 2 different versions of your releases ; one cleaner and one for ppl like me , who really dig that special "Analog" vibe ???

- I know it shouldn't be an easy choice for you and i understand quiet well that you need to grow and get more sells , you are running a company !

- Sincerly ,

All the best !

Thierry.

PS: I surely don't wanna spoil your well deserved hollydays !
Thierr7

Re: Acustica is going cleaner ...

Postby botus99 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:24 pm

What you call cleaner, some may call it more accurate. In most cases, I would think more accurate is a, well, more accurate phrase to use.

Sorry, maybe I'm ignorant here, but where is it documented that Acqua/Nebula libraries are becoming less 'vibey'? Seems like quite the claim to be making to me...
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:17 am

We are trying to sample serviced devices and not broken ones.
Despite what people says about pultecs, they are extremely good and even clean devices if maintained properly.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:10 am

True ... the original pultec designs were for 'classical' recordings.

... till the Rock-n'Rollers got hold of it :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby markgalup » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:16 am

botus99 wrote:What you call cleaner, some may call it more accurate. In most cases, I would think more accurate is a, well, more accurate phrase to use.

Sorry, maybe I'm ignorant here, but where is it documented that Acqua/Nebula libraries are becoming less 'vibey'? Seems like quite the claim to be making to me...

+1
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA
markgalup

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:58 am

RJHollins wrote:True ... the original pultec designs were for 'classical' recordings.

... till the Rock-n'Rollers got hold of it :mrgreen:

the Rock-n'Rollers clearly knew what they where doing hehe
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby bictor » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:12 am

Im making only edm with Acqua, im using 90 - 95% Acqua Plugins in the proyects... Any artifacts never like in the algo world.

The problem with strange artifacts in ed music is the elevated rms that people want to reach squashing their tracks and spoiling all dynamics, creating artifacts with L2 algo limiters and getting a nice and squared wave with no dynamic at all. :?

Maybe all this users with artifact problems have to read a litle more in internet, there are other ways to rise a high rms level without squashing the wave into a square and without creating ugly artifacts. [Clipping]

Best regards,
Sand, Navy, Honey, Pink, Purple, Mix, Curve, Emerald, White, Scarlet, Prime Comp II, Caribou, Pink Compressors, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
bictor
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Thierr7 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:20 am

Sorry , I didn't know a real Ptq could be that clean ...

If it was used for Classical Music , it had to be quiet clean indeed ! :?
Thierr7

Return to Other things