Login

VST Instruments with Nebula tech?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

VST Instruments with Nebula tech?

Postby Dimzo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:47 pm

i know you have a lot to do already with new effects, Nebula 4 and updating the older ones but have you guys ever thought about making VST instruments with nebula technology?

imagine a synthesizer with Nebula/Aqua style filters etc.
you could even use long, looped samples as oscillators (in a round robin fashion).

or a sampler / drum sample player with switchable Nebula/Aqua AD and DA stages from some sought after samplers.

i even think that a normal digital vst synth would benefit from that technology soundwise.

well, it's just a thought/dream but one day i would love to have a synth like my Minimoog itb so that i can have that sound, even if i'm not in the studio...
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: VST Instruments with Nebula tech?

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:18 pm

well Henry Olonga is planning to make vst instruments :D
ill bet he is gonna use his nebula knowledge , if i remember it right that was what he said

that so exiting :D

you can find information on it on aa forum in his thread almost at the end of the thread :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:00 am

it is not in our plans toda
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:59 am

giancarlo wrote:it is not in our plans toda

Nope you dont have time for that now when you cracked the compressor code :D

Now you have to sample all famous comps trough all history hehe

Congrats on the breaktrough Giancarlo well deserved for you and acustica teams hard work :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:39 am

hmmm .... I have a LINN DRUM, that I personally got from Rodger's collection. Been on many hits.

None of the 'commercial' sample libraries come close to how this unit sounds. I think the analogue/transformer portion is half the sound.

Could this be turned into a NebulaVST-i ? :ugeek:

hmmm ...
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Dimzo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:24 pm

giancarlo wrote:it is not in our plans toda

that is absolutely ok for me.
it's an idea and maybe in the future there will be a place for it in your plans ;)
:mrgreen:

RJHollins wrote:hmmm .... I have a LINN DRUM, that I personally got from Rodger's collection. Been on many hits.

None of the 'commercial' sample libraries come close to how this unit sounds. I think the analogue/transformer portion is half the sound.

Could this be turned into a NebulaVST-i ? :ugeek:

hmmm ...

imagine it could in a few years 8-)
Dimzo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:37 am

I think Nebula complements existing VSTis very, very well. There are already some fantastic ones with elegant workflow and outstanding sound.

For filtering, I highly recommend Cytomic's The Drop. It just sounds real and alive, and can be used in a lot of interesting ways with all the modulation options. It stacks well on the output of other VSTi also.

For synths, U-He's Diva and Bazille are very impressive, and sound even better with a bit of Nebula flavor on the outputs. Driven N-style preamps especially or things like the VultCult can add life and size and aggression.

Using something like NI Battery with Nebula AD/DA and preamps should be great as well.

For RJHollins, have you ever used Goldbaby's sample packs? He really has a knack for capturing analog and digital drum machines, processed though a lot of guitar pedals, filters, modular stuff, and plenty of tasteful analog kit. He has some which have been re-sampled through his Akai too.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
AcusticaSalesTW@gmail.com

Lynx Hilo | Win7 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9
Brian

Postby Fishmac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:53 pm

@RJHollins:

Please try this one:

http://www.alyjameslab.com/alyjameslabvlinn.html

!!!
Fishmac
User Level III