Login

nebula-programs.com

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

nebula-programs.com

Postby zac222paz » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:57 pm

hello,
i'm new to all things nebula and am really enjoying myself not without a little confusion though.
early days.
i have heard through the net of nebula-programs.com where i can supposedly get free presets.

can anybody enlighten me.

regards from australia.

pasquale
zac222paz
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: nebula-programs.com

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Henry Olonga has recently made hes all you can eat bundle free ware, but you must have nebula 3 pro or ultimate for it to work

its worth getting nebula 3 pro just for that incredible package full of incredible tools
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:16 pm

zac222paz wrote:hello,
i'm new to all things nebula and am really enjoying myself not without a little confusion though.
early days.
i have heard through the net of nebula-programs.com where i can supposedly get free presets.

can anybody enlighten me.

regards from australia.

pasquale

That place doesn't exist anymore, unfortunately. It was a great time where most 3rd party developers we see today started the magic :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby zac222paz » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 pm

thank you for your replies.
it sounds like it would have been a good place to sit down and sip a cold beer while enjoying the sunset.
paz
zac222paz
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:56 pm

nebula-programs.com

That WAS an interesting time.

My introduction to really cool people with a passion for audio ... and my first exposure to 'torrent' files for library distribution. I bet I still have those stored on some IDE harddrive.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 am

... yeah, the times where people crafted nebula libraries with their bare hands ... :D

somewhere deep in my closet i have a backup too 8-)

but there are so much libraries around, i guess it will never ever see the ligt of day again :P
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:41 am

I remember lurking on that site before I got Nebula. Seeing the early community and the gear that was being sampled really sparked my interest. By the time I bought Nebula, the site was no more.

I'm more than satisfied with what I have in Nebula right now, but I've always been curious about what all the old stuff was like.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 am

I think some of those early libraries might have made it into the 'community' library. Not sure.

I was using a version of NEBULA that came out of some 'CM' magazine that came with a disk, that someone had given me.

I had already purchased $$$$ on algo plugs, just trying to find anything that did NOT turn to a one-dimensional piece of plastic.

Even at that early stage, the 'sound' from NEBULA caught my attention. I figured I was tired, and finally went to bed. The next day I listened again .... the rest is history :roll:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby namooz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:47 am

RJHollins wrote:I think some of those early libraries might have made it into the 'community' library. Not sure.

I was using a version of NEBULA that came out of some 'CM' magazine that came with a disk, that someone had given me.

I had already purchased $$$$ on algo plugs, just trying to find anything that did NOT turn to a one-dimensional piece of plastic.

Even at that early stage, the 'sound' from NEBULA caught my attention. I figured I was tired, and finally went to bed. The next day I listened again .... the rest is history :roll:

Yes, that plastic quality of sound……...I, too, have spent $$$$ on the algo's not quite hacking it. Once I finally hunkered down with Nebula and got into it, it changed everything. The 3 dimentional quality through transparency and tone is where it's at here.
namooz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby botus99 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:10 pm

RJHollins wrote:I think some of those early libraries might have made it into the 'community' library. Not sure.

...I had already purchased $$$$ on algo plugs, just trying to find anything that did NOT turn to a one-dimensional piece of plastic.

That would make a lot of sense. I remember thinking to myself "No way does Acustica own/have access to ALL this awesome gear!"

Before I got into Nebula, I only owned a few algo plugins and mostly used free or stock plugins. When I tried Nebula Free years back, it was just too much for my CPU to handle, it crashed my old version of Cubase, I had limited hard drive space, and of course I was unwilling to check out the forums to solve any issues... it was a disappointing experience in every way EXCEPT the sound. That initial "aha" moment happened and I did the same thing where I came back the next day and crapped my pants once more.

Fast forward a year (new CPU, more HD space, more RAM), and things are about as good as it gets :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Other things