Login

Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby Tim Petherick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:49 am

Soundradix just released sufer eq 2

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... st12100323

as I said before it's not doing the analog thing but it's worth checking out as it's fairly unique.
User avatar
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm
Location: Bath , Uk

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby Puranon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:22 am

What's new for 2017?
Puranon
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby Nesto » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:55 pm

I would add Sly Fi Digital Axis and Equavescent. Equavescent looks wonky and can be an issue cpu wise to use...but so can my Aquas. But in terms of how it sounds and its stereo image voodoo 8-). The only algo eqs I own now are AOM Tranquillizr and Axis for cuts and occasionally Equavescent for busses or self-mastering (boost only).
Nesto
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby mrsmith000 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:22 pm

I think the E27 is really really usable. I honestly forgotten about it since I went down the Neb/Acuqa rabbit hole. The top end is nice and silky. I like how it cuts things. Only downside is that it is CPU intensive (Due to oversampling, I believe)

I heard that Avedis worked with PSP for a long time until he was satisfied with the product. That fact alone should give you confidence, as that guys ears are really damn good :D
mrsmith000
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby RainbowSix » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Gotta say, it's nothing analogue modeled, but it's incredibly useful in sound design, it's an EQ called Freiraum by Sonible. It's linear phase so it isn't got for everything but when I'm making dark DnB basses and anything to do with sound FX and atmospheric sounds it's a wonder. It records the spectral balance with it's 3 'smart bands' and then you can move them about to even out the sound to have practically perfect spectral balance. Completely remove harshness, balance the low end and mid range harmonics. Simply awesome in my book! Can be good for single percussion hits as well if you chop off the pre ring.

It also has 2 other "EQs" in the same interface, one called Proximity for controlling the reverb/space of the sound and another called Entropy which separates the harmonic and inharmonic parts of the sound and can be used to control the "movement" or transient of the sound throughout the full frequency spectrum with "EQ" bands and with varying strength applied.

Super cool :) I'd like to have their SmartEQ+ which has an extra band and more controls, and a larger GUI.
RainbowSix
User Level IV
User Level IV
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby Pedro Martins » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Nesto wrote:I would add Sly Fi Digital Axis and Equavescent. Equavescent looks wonky and can be an issue cpu wise to use...but so can my Aquas. But in terms of how it sounds and its stereo image voodoo 8-). The only algo eqs I own now are AOM Tranquillizr and Axis for cuts and occasionally Equavescent for busses or self-mastering (boost only).



Thanks for the tips
I've never heard about Equavescent, gonna try that one...
Pedro Martins
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:09 am

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby Nesto » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Pedro Martins wrote:
Nesto wrote:I would add Sly Fi Digital Axis and Equavescent. Equavescent looks wonky and can be an issue cpu wise to use...but so can my Aquas. But in terms of how it sounds and its stereo image voodoo 8-). The only algo eqs I own now are AOM Tranquillizr and Axis for cuts and occasionally Equavescent for busses or self-mastering (boost only).



Thanks for the tips
I've never heard about Equavescent, gonna try that one...


No worries. Definitely give it a try. It looks like mad science, but if your system can handle it latency free, throw it on a buss and play around with it.
Nesto
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Newest Generation of Algoirithmic Eqs

Postby Caliente » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:55 pm

RainbowSix wrote:Gotta say, it's nothing analogue modeled, but it's incredibly useful in sound design, it's an EQ called Freiraum by Sonible. It's linear phase so it isn't got for everything but when I'm making dark DnB basses and anything to do with sound FX and atmospheric sounds it's a wonder. It records the spectral balance with it's 3 'smart bands' and then you can move them about to even out the sound to have practically perfect spectral balance. Completely remove harshness, balance the low end and mid range harmonics. Simply awesome in my book! Can be good for single percussion hits as well if you chop off the pre ring.

It also has 2 other "EQs" in the same interface, one called Proximity for controlling the reverb/space of the sound and another called Entropy which separates the harmonic and inharmonic parts of the sound and can be used to control the "movement" or transient of the sound throughout the full frequency spectrum with "EQ" bands and with varying strength applied.

Super cool :) I'd like to have their SmartEQ+ which has an extra band and more controls, and a larger GUI.


This sounds impressive!
It's great to come across software devs who forgoe the analogue emulation trend and pursue innovation in the digital realm.
It's good to have a balance.
Thanks for the tip.
Caliente
User Level I
User Level I
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:38 am

Previous

Return to Other things

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests