Login

Free Prime Studio "CHARLY" plug

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Free Prime Studio "CHARLY" plug

Postby Shuriken » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 pm

First of all, I want to thank the developers for sharing this plug-in with us.

I've run into some problems installing this plug-in. I couldn't find the .SER file in my installation folder, so I decided to reinstall the plug-in. When I try to uninstall CHARLY, the window that opens is for uninstalling another plug-in, Vibe-EQ. Even after going through those removal steps, CHARLY wasn't removed from my computer, but Vibe-EQ somehow did.

Any idea?
Shuriken
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mtalavera » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Shuriken wrote:First of all, I want to thank the developers for sharing this plug-in with us.

I've run into some problems installing this plug-in. I couldn't find the .SER file in my installation folder, so I decided to reinstall the plug-in. When I try to uninstall CHARLY, the window that opens is for uninstalling another plug-in, Vibe-EQ. Even after going through those removal steps, CHARLY wasn't removed from my computer, but Vibe-EQ somehow did.

Any idea?

There is no authorization needed, even though the manual describes going through the process. This is a free offering that does not need to do anything with the SER file. I'm using the Windows AAX 64-bit version and all I had to do was go through the installation process and it was available for use in Pro Tools. I haven't tried the VST installer yet, but I would assume the same. Did the plugin not appear in your DAW to use?
mtalavera

Postby Shuriken » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:10 pm

mtalavera wrote:There is no authorization needed, even though the manual describes going through the process. This is a free offering that does not need to do anything with the SER file. I'm using the Windows AAX 64-bit version and all I had to do was go through the installation process and it was available for use in Pro Tools. I haven't tried the VST installer yet, but I would assume the same. Did the plugin not appear in your DAW to use?

I see. For the first time in my life I'm following a manual and I messed up.
In that case, I've successfully installed the plug-in and it appears in my DAW as well.
Now my only concern is that I'm not able to uninstall it.
Shuriken
User Level II
User Level II

Postby bass7065 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:19 pm

cpwade wrote:
bass7065 wrote:i signed up for the newsletter but have not got a download link yet

http://digioh.com/em/21914/64590/q4d7bg ... estudio.at

thanks good man
bass7065
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby bass7065 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:19 pm

cpwade wrote:
bass7065 wrote:i signed up for the newsletter but have not got a download link yet

http://digioh.com/em/21914/64590/q4d7bg ... estudio.at

thanks good man
bass7065
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Thierr7 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:18 am

Nice ! just downloaded lately but haven't installed yet .

Thanks Guys , It should sound great ;)
Thierr7

Postby Soundguard » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi everybody and thanks for subscribing, downloading and using our little "CHARLY".
Sorry for being pretty late in this topic, just found the link ^^

So what is Charly?
The original piece of gear is a summing amp with a lot of nice glowing hot tubes - and also just one big knob. It was modified to get a smoother sound with a lot more harmonics.
The more you turn the knob, the harder you hit the tubes with the signal.

Where/when do I use this unique hardware?
I use it in the master bus mostly post eq and sometimes post comp as well.
It´s nice on the drum bus also, but you have to find out yourself. :)

The PlugIn is as close as you can get to the original - modified version we are using in the studio. And I´m not carrying this beauty around - so when I work in a different control room, I just use "Charly".

How do I use it?
I don´t drive the busses to hot, and use Charly for leveling.
I like the 2-3 o´clock setting.
Tip: Just send your e.g. drum bus (with all your other plugs and settings) straight to a "Charly" bus and you can play around with the "pre"bus output and Charly´s big knob.

This should be enough information :D

All the best
Soundguard
Soundguard
User Level I
User Level I

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanks for this plugin!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:03 pm

I lost my installer and can not get it anymore. :|
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby beingmf3 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:15 pm

I can't even download it - email address does match, but it keeps saying "Email address not found ..." :lol:
beingmf3

PreviousNext

Return to Other things