Login

A note from giancarlo about the new homebrew line

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: A note from giancarlo about the new homebrew line

Postby tumburu » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Giancarlo, I love almost everything you're releasing, and the concept of software evolving and taking hardware designs a step further is exactly what we want.

But a bit of humbleness won't hurt, there is at least one company who is expert in hardware design (and that's an understatement, as they designed the most iconic compressors), I'm, obviously, talking about UA, which although don't have their software emulations on the same level as your own, I'm sure have a pretty good idea what's happening inside hardware boxes.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby botus99 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 am

I remember trying Nebula for the first time around 2008/2009. I was only able to load 2 instances at the time, it had crashing issues, yadda yadda. BUT I also knew that the sound was the best I had ever heard from a plugin.

Years later, I still haven't found any plugins that can impart the "feel", "vibe", or "mojo" that Nebula/Acqua can. And I'm able to run many, many more instances with even higher quality programs than before.

So what's my point? Well, first off, thank you Acustica! Second, I'm VERY excited to see what happens with the Homebrew line. :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Thierr7 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Starting using Nebula a few years ago was a big "Blast" for me ! I realized right away that i was dealing with something that sounded like the real deal even though , on XP at the time and not so stable versions + not so powerful computer , i had plenty of crashes ... But i just felt this was the way i should keep going . I've spent plenty of money on 3rd party libs and Acqua plugins now (i wish i could afford ALL Acqua's but i can't :( I'm a Guitar teacher , Performer but got much less Gigs than before ... I've been using DAW since the very beginning (Pro 24 on Atary ...) I wrote some Music for different companies but it's getting harder and harder to got work to do nowadays , for me at least ! Anyway , i don't regret any single penny i've spent on your product ( Except maybe "Murano" , i often like better Algo Compressors with a good "Mojo" on top of it but that's me ...) About a year ago , i arranged , mixed and Mastered an Album for a singer and a good friend of mine who's got big hardwares told me it sounded like it wasn't made AITB , Thanks to Nebula which really opened my ears :D Thanks again for all the hard work ! You guys rock and i'm proud to be part of it .
Thierr7

Postby flipnaut » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 pm

... i like clones of hardware very much. There is a big DIY Universe. And often the DIY things are just as good as hardware. For example i use the Classic CAPI VP 28 which is an A-P-I Preamp. It sounds super with my beyer m160 Ribbon. My friend build me a clone of a Princeton Reverb from Tube Amp Doctor and it sounds many times better than an normal Princeton!

So to clone clones is a nice idea... for example there are those Lovechild EQs from CAPI. I would like them as a EQ PLugin...
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Other things