Login

Un-Mastered music (clips or whole songs)

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Un-Mastered music (clips or whole songs)

Postby richie43 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:34 am

Thanks. I am downloading now. And kindafishy, I can get some links to you as soon as the devs have a few issues sorted out.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cjperez » Thu May 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Hey Richie.. Do you still need un-mastered Music?
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.
cjperez
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby richie43 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:20 am

cjperez wrote:Hey Richie.. Do you still need un-mastered Music?

Thanks! I might, but not yet.
And I apologize (to everyone who contributed so kindly so long ago!!) for vanishing about this. The whole project has taken a tech-related hit and the coders are working away at solving a few things unrelated to me....so my role is sort of on hold until then.
I hope to have some meaningful news about this very soon.....
Thanks again cjperez, I will PM you when the need arises again!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cjperez » Fri May 15, 2015 2:29 am

Nice. cool....
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.
cjperez
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Ok....Whether you like it or not, I have returned. I apologize for the disappearing act, but the developers of this thing cod mired in some code issues. Thanks you to everyone who sent me unmastered music to help me in my part of the development. As promised, your music was only used for development and testing, it was never played on any public platform, ever.
Before I get too far, I need to clarify a few things:

1) My role in this is purely audio and quality. I do not code, market, or even make many final decisions. I was asked to basically develop plugin chains that would work on the platform in use. For the record, I am using all free-ware, all 32bit, and all light-weight to not explode the server system.

2) We are fully aware (and agree) that this is not truly a "mastering" solution, and WE DO NOT CLAIM that this is even close to what a trained human Mastering Engineer can do. This is a quick, simple, and very simple online solution that "optimizes" and even polishes unmastered audio.

3) I am a working engineer and musician, I DO NOT INTEND FOR THIS TO TAKE WORK FROM PEOPLE. (yes, this is for you who assume that this is a service from the devil).

4) I did not pick the name (in fact, I voted against it and lost....I think that it is counter-productive after we very clearly claim to not try to out-do humans...so take that however you want. I have been called "brutally honest" and this applies even to my own ventures.

Ok, enough of that. What is it? This is an online, automated, convenient, and very decent "optimizing" platform. It is super easy to use, it has variety and function, and I think that it is better than any of the other similar solutions. Right now it is TOTALLY FREE for the public testing, and we never export mp3's, only 44.1kHz/16bit wavs. For the testing, we are begging people to use the feedback function in the website, anyone who uses this and does the feedback will get 3 months of unlimited use after the actual release. So if you like it even a little, you can't beat that. HERE is the site....http://www.masterlizer.com/
Obviously the biggest projected user base will be the "hobbyist", "basement engineer", bands, and other part-time audio folks. These are the people that are not going to be sending their music to a Mastering House anyway, so we are not stealing their business away from the qualified ME's. This is also better (in my opinion) than these engineers doing total guess-work self mastering. "YMMV", obviously, but I have heard the results of some of these, and the pre-masters are often much better...lol.
But what has been interesting to me is that in the first few rounds of more private testing, We got more interest than we had anticipated from "real" studios (a few pretty decent and large). They found it to be a possibly very valuable tool when they are in the middle of a mix and want to quickly hear a "quick and dirty" master to check how different elements in the mix react to a basic mastering process. In fact, one in particular primarily makes classical-style (midi and natural) film scores, and they really liked the speed and quality.
So before you go hating, try it first. As I have said, I am sort of on the fence about it as well (lol, really?), since I am now 50 years old and have been working very hard in music and audio for over half of my life. I will never pretend that any algorithm can do better than me and/or any other human. But does a service like this have a possible valuable function in the industry? Absolutely.
Go try it for free, and please leave feedback. Right now the feedback, HONEST FEEDBACK, is the most valuable thing to us. And remember, if you do leave feedback, you will get 3 months of unlimited use when it is officially released.
Cheers!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Other things