Login

From CDSoundMaster VTMC-M2

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

From CDSoundMaster VTMC-M2

Postby Mauri » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 am

New tube compressor VST plug-in from Michael, 'VTMC-M2' http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Softw ... MC-M2.html really impressive! Try the fully functional demo, I bought it straigh away at a special introductory price.

I hope I have'nt upset the 'management' here by posting this...

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Re: From CDSoundMaster VTMC-M2

Postby Martinez » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

Mate, it would want to be good for that kind of money.
Martinez

Postby Mauri » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Martinez wrote:Mate, it would want to be good for that kind of money.

I don't consider it all that expensive, and you can demo it anyway, make up your own mind. I bought the 'Glue' compressor sveral years ago for the same amount, and did'nt regret it.
Some of UAD compressors I have cost a lot more than Michael's introductory price.

YMMV,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

the demos sounded fantastic - I'd love to try it but Im on mac...

but there was one mix demo and it really added that fullness and warmth in the bass you hear from hardware...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:08 pm

I know that it's not Nebula/Acqua, but it IS CDSM.... And this compressor is massive and really "characterful". I love that it has the mix control for blending the uncompressed signal back in, it makes it so much more useful. I know that it is labelled as a mastering compressor, but I am already finding so many awesome uses for it. Since diving into Nebula/Acqua, I am slowly abandoning many of my formerly favorite "algo" plugins. Interestingly though, I am still adding any CDSM algo plugin to my work as they are released. This one is right up there in quality and sound as the VTM-M2. Keep them coming Michael x2!!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mtalavera » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:56 pm

I don't think this plugin is priced high at all, and the introductory price is more than reasonable. I think we get a bit spoiled by seeing how low the Nebula libraries are priced.

I'm starting to use Nebula exclusively and turn away from all the other algo plugins I was using before I discovered Nebula last August. I just recently replaced Slate VCC with AlexB MFC and it made a tremendous difference. The one algo plugin I have left that I still use is Slate Virtual Bus Compressor (VBC), so I'm wondering how this matches up to that one. VBC also has the mix control for each of the three compressors that plugin offers, so that is great that VTMC-M2 offers the same function.

I was slightly disappointed when I read this not being based on Nebula/Acqua, but make the assumption that Michael x2 must know exactly what they are doing by not basing this plugin on that technology. I'm wondering if this approach allows for them to compensate for anything Nebula can not provide at this time in regards to compressors.

Will be downloading and working with the demo tonight.
mtalavera

Postby ce1909 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Excellent plugin.
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Mauri » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 pm

@richie, this compressor is fabulous on accoustic drums, 'love it!

I think Michael is on a winner here...

Mauri.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Mauri wrote:@richie, this compressor is fabulous on accoustic drums, 'love it!

I think Michael is on a winner here...

Mauri.

Yes and YES!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jorismak » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Michael always teams up with Michael (hey, M2, I get it now) when he needs something Nebula can't provide, like the tape compression plugin he did to complete R2R.

This will be the same. One area where Nebula is lacking is compression, he made sure he makes something that does what he wants while making all the Nebula audiophiles happy :P.

For me, personally as a hobbyist, 100 bucks (or even 200 normal price) is too much for a compressor. Doesn't mean the plugin is not worth it, just means I can't allow myself to buy it :).
jorismak

Next

Return to Other things