Login

Paralell effect routing?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Paralell effect routing?

Postby gonwild » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Hello! I've started using Nebula as a guitar cab simulator. IR loaders I've used in the past have let me load up 2 different cabs, and pan them left-right.

I'm trying to achieve the same with nebula, but so far my only solution is to clone the track and load up a different cab in Nebula on the second track. I could also create Bus-sends (I use Sonar X1), but I find too many of those will just make a mess and I will lose control quickly.

The goal is to use as little plugins/resources as possible, so I can avoid having to freeze som many tracks etc.

So the question is..anyone know of an elegant way to solve this signalchain using just one track?

IN->effect-->amp-->(nebula left + nebula right)-->EQ-->Comp-->OUT

(I want the 2 nebula inst. to be routed in parallel after the amp)
|
gonwild
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Paralell effect routing?

Postby mathias » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:53 pm

then you would need something like metaplugin from ddmf or similar, that allows you to setup special routing schemes.
there was an issue with metaplugin concerning samplerateconversion in nebula, but it seemed to be solved in a recent release.
try the demoversion.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Just as a warning, the problem with Metaplugin is better than it was but it still can't just be trusted blindly. There's a thread near the top of Active Topics where I reported my findings.

But Metaplugin will indeed give you the routing capability you want (and then some). I use my host for this, it's really easy in REAPER with pin routing but I'm guessing there's no such similar function in Sonar if it uses more standard mono/stereo track configs.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby gonwild » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:32 pm

I'll look into this plugin. Thank you guys!
gonwild
User Level I
User Level I

Return to Other things