Login

waves j37 WTF????

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

waves j37 WTF????

Postby prosodio » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi, I´ve been listening some new videos from this new plug and although youtube quality isn´t the best I can say it sounds awful to me, when they want to push it harder that plastic sound comes to the table. As an intense user from R2R and Apex, tb+ and VTM from CdSoundmaster I can´t say there isn´t anything on the market today wich makes me change my opinion about the tape discussion. Wishing to listen to the j37 that is coming from Tim Petherick (apex 351 presets are the s***t here).....!!!!!!
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Re: waves j37 WTF????

Postby dpclarkson » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Well, ehm, isn't that kind of Waves' signature?
What would you expect, that Waves changes it's policy
to deliver astounding sounding software?
Mc. Donalds will not ever change their recipe/turn to
healthy ingredients either, unless it will double their market-value.
It's kids' stuff, no knowledge required, but don't expect
high end quality.
dpclarkson

Postby DavidMeShow » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Those people have the impression that they own big Studio gears, remove the GUI from those plugins and I'm sure they would not sell 50% of what they sell. :roll:
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby rugunation » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:33 pm

DavidMeShow wrote:Those people have the impression that they own big Studio gears, remove the GUI from those plugins and I'm sure they would not sell 50% of what they sell. :roll:

You hit the nail right on the head. Its elementary: pretty gui + good marketing + respected engineers endorsements = profit.

Don't get too hang up on it as the saying goes, "who knows better use nebula" I swear my grandfather told me that :D
"Music is a mission not a competition" -Rugu Nation

https://www.facebook.com/rugunation
http://rugunation.com
rugunation
User Level I
User Level I

Postby SWAN » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:43 pm

well its not just the GUI - its that lovely rubbery/plastic 'tape' punch and artificial sounding EQ curves...

I agree...Satin is the best but still I cant feel it. A freind once described the over processed plugin sound as the 'plastic ball of death'...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I didn't use pro tapes.But i think real tapes are not working like this.And same things about Kramer tape.

Actually i have Waves plugin.Kramer HLS Channel(25$),One Knob Louder(Free) and GTR Solo(5$).Yes really cheap. :D

I like Nebula's tapes but if i want to use algo plugins for tapes,i prefer Ferric TDS instead of Waves Tapes. :D
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby david1103 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Tunca Küçük wrote:I didn't use pro tapes.But i think real tapes are not working like this.And same things about Kramer tape.

Actually i have Waves plugin.Kramer HLS Channel(25$),One Knob Louder(Free) and GTR Solo(5$).Yes really cheap. :D

I like Nebula's tapes but if i want to use algo plugins for tapes,i prefer Ferric TDS instead of Waves Tapes. :D

Try Satin, i think it's excellent. It does all the things Nebula can't, no 'plastic ball of death' sound :lol:
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:23 pm

david1103 wrote:
Tunca Küçük wrote:I didn't use pro tapes.But i think real tapes are not working like this.And same things about Kramer tape.

Try Satin, i think it's excellent. It does all the things Nebula can't, no 'plastic ball of death' sound :lol:

I didn't try Satin but if i buy any tape plugin,i will be Roundtone from Sknote.
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mtalavera » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:49 pm

For those saying to try Satin, are you thinking it is better than any Nebula tape libraries? I have Slate VTM, and havent gotten around to looking at Nebula tape offerings because I am just starting out with Nebula and have bought other libraries first.
mtalavera

Postby SWAN » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 am

Mmm - satin is the best of them - and the ability to control the curve is great - but ultimately the nature of the saturation and compression is the same to my ears as all algo ITB saturation and compression.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Other things