Login

N**e 542

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

N**e 542

Postby jkervin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Has anyone used the N**e 542 tape emulation? I've been thinking about buying one for tracking purposes, although it's probably extra frivolous with the variety of tape emulations we have access too.

I have some of Henry's, but haven't picked up the CDSM stuff. I haven't tracked with any Nebula stuff yet, either. Just looking for some thoughts if anyone has used it :)
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Re: N**e 542

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:29 am

I have not but I think this is available as a Nebula program (isn't that MWT in Alex B's TSX Library?). I have read very positive reviews of the hardware but with the 3-stage CDSM Nebula tape solution I really have stopped looking for better tape emulation (because I never find anything of the sort). As far as I'm concerned it's about as good as you can get without something mechanical (like Clasp).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby jkervin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:08 pm

ngarjuna wrote:I have not but I think this is available as a Nebula program (isn't that MWT in Alex B's TSX Library?). I have read very positive reviews of the hardware but with the 3-stage CDSM Nebula tape solution I really have stopped looking for better tape emulation (because I never find anything of the sort). As far as I'm concerned it's about as good as you can get without something mechanical (like Clasp).

Hey thanks - I didn't realize that it was in Alex B's TSX - I actually have that one! I guess I really do have to pick up the CDSM tapes too.
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

If you want hardware you could also look at sound skulpture which do a DIY or ready made tape saturation emulator...but yeah CDSM tape sets are pretty cool...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jkervin » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Hey thanks SWAN, I'll check out the Sound Skulpture stuff. I've also been meaning to get the CDSM ones for a while now anyway!!
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Return to Other things