Login

Vanishing threads

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Vanishing threads

Postby mertayy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 am

SWAN wrote:
richie43 wrote:I have been following this since you posted here. Even the United States and BBC media is not telling the whole truth. I have been spreading around the info you send.

what is the whole truth? can someone spell it out-Im not getting it...? police brutality?

I didn't read the whole thing but the intro seems accurate and non-biased;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Taksim_Gezi_Park_protests
mertayy

Postby mertayy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:44 am

I like this photo album;

http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/
mertayy

Postby richie43 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:55 pm

That is the tumblr feed that I have been watching. It is updated frequently.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mertayy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Some notes and comments I gathered from friends, facebook etc. ;

-The water thats sprayed to people (sometimes) doesn't have a cooling affect, it burns the skin. They either add sand or tear-gas like chemicals in to the water thats being used.

-After 3-4 days reports came that the tear-gas thats being used started to have a much stronger affect, thats the reason some guessed it was Agent Orange.

The truth came from a hospital (hospitals name is The American Hospital...if I translated correct). A doctor got inside info from someone in the military, said it was used in military practice. No name or official info given but he warned (on TV) not to drink water for 30 minutes if inhaled.

-The Turkish media finally started broadcasing us whats going on instead of penguins :) . At first I was happy but noticed they showed more of the prime minister Erdogan's (or his "friends") hate speeches rather than the victims or updates :(

-The prime minister erdogan is retuning today from Africa (which was terrible for him, some leaders rejected to see him cause of his attitude during the events...I lol'ed :) ) and before his arrival he continued his aggressive behavior.

-Its seems we'll breath less tear gas from now on cause the goverment finally realised the whole world is watching, thanks to you guys! :) the down side is they will use this to make false accusations to the protesters. Like;

Today Erdogan said the same protesters were responsible for bombing American Embassy's :) look at the photos and you'll people wearing clown costumes or dance like American Native Indeans...

Its estimated 600.000 active protesters on the streets here in Turkey. Though not acceptable, with such a number it shouldn't be a surprise there will be people who has terrible intentions...Everybody who protests wishes things to go non-violant.

Someone tweeted a while ago when tear gassed in Istanbul; 500 people couldn't find 1 knife to cut a lemon in half :)
mertayy

Postby SWAN » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:31 pm

erdogan sounds like an idiot...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby mertayy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Something I lol'd (besides Swan's comment) :)

Translation;

- we're barly holding 25.000 Lannisters at their home (Erdogan threatened to use his voters to fight against the protesters)

- I will never leave the iron throne cause of 3-5 looters (he likes calling us looters)

- I will demolish Winterfell and build a Mall! (no need for explanation :) )
mertayy

Postby mertayy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:23 pm

mertayy

Postby mertayy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:34 pm

mertayy

Postby mertayy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Copy-Paste'ing;

The government in collaboration with the police and the media staged a theater play (with terrible actors) at Taksim square early this morning. After announcing that there will be no attacks on the people at Gezi park and Taksim, hundreds of policemen came to collect the banners, at the same time chocking people with tear gas.

The media, who has ignored the protests so far was there from the beginning, broadcasting (from extremely good shooting points) a play between hundreds of cops and about 30 people who are posing as "protesters" (still a mystery who they were) who were throwing Molotov cocktails at the police at the square. This act went on for more than an hour. The police, who is capable of breaking up thousand of people (without provocation) within minutes with tear gas and water cannons, only circled around them, gently spraying a little water.

In the mean time, on the back streets and around Gezi park, where the media was not broadcasting, the attacks were brutal as usual. The protests until this morning have been peaceful and it is not clear whether these people were extremists from some political groups or some agent provocateurs? What is clear is that they do not reflect the spirit of this uprising. Couple of hours ago, police raided the biggest court house in Istanbul and arrested around 70 lawyers, who were only protesting against the morning attacks, probably as a response to their help with protecting the rights of the people arrested and injured during last weeks protests.

In response to today's events, people of Istanbul are going back to Taksim square this evening at 19:00 possibly with larger numbers than the protests on May 31. Please share this information by copying and pasting. The Turkish media has failed miserably and it is very important that the world knows what is really going on in Turkey.
mertayy

Postby mertayy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:00 pm

44 of those 70 lawyers (who were arrested in Turkey's biggest courthouse) were hospitalized. Right now its like day one, teargas and fire all over the place.

mertayy

Previous

Return to Other things