Login

The NEBULA Virtual Controller- limit control ??

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: The NEBULA Virtual Controller- limit control ??

Postby gurth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 pm

great idea,

the only thing what bothers me is the loading times of the NVC, I use ableton live a lot and with ableton it is possible to make for instance one complete channelstrip out of 4 nebula programs, it works great, you can map nebula sliders to 8 ableton rotaries which are automapped to a hardware midicontroller I even can see what is happening on a graphic eq, the only problem what is quit annoying I think is the loading times when opening such a channel strip, if you have to load 6 nebula instances with programs in it, it could take about a minute or more before you really can use such a big vst effect.

Maybe I misunderstood the concept, but this is my experience with making big eq's with nebula.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Have you tried setting up smaller specific instances of Nebula with the free Nebula Set-Ups program from Zabukowski? I have over 40 specified instances, many of which will load in seconds because they are only scanning for the libraries that I have told it to scan for. A HUGE revelation for work-flow with nebula!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby gurth » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:07 pm

I haven't but it is the first thing I will do, thanks for the tip Richie!
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:50 am

Just an update notice ... :o

The integration of the 'User Configuration' module into the NVC has been completed ! :shock:

YEAH !! :lol:

There will also be a 'Stand alone' version of the Configure section, which will allow not having to do this from inside a DAW. Mostly for convenience. :mrgreen:

The 'editing' fields have been customized to be as user friendly as possible. This 'user data' is 'bussed' into the NVC dynamically. Though much of this data is optional for the user, there is the 'Patch #' field that would be most important.

For those using Zabs' 'NebulaSetUP' program ... you know that you can customize a Nebula library specifically. Within that custom creation, the individual 'patches' are assigned a 'Program Number' [those little numbers you see in the Nebula menu. It is these numbers that need to be entered into the NVC to coordinate proper communication and interaction.

Because of the lack of any possible error checking of this field, I have conditioned this Patch# field to accept only values from 0-127. At worst, it will default out at '0' ... which represents the 'INIT' patch.

With the proper data, the NVC will then have 'Your' library available to the specified sub-module. Each sub-module is pre-configured with the proper 'Frequency, Gain, and Bandwidth [Q]' parameters to directly link with Nebula.

This newly integrated program is being readied for the very narrow 'beta-testing' field. I want to be certain that it flies on another system outside of mine. From there will be determined what other testing may be needed.

In the meantime, I'll be looking to post up some graphics of what this is all about [I need to learn this part in order to do some type of 'show me' documentation. For this I'm going to try out the 'Lice Cap' program].

Also .. I have a web page reserved. Just need to get that set up.

With the hope that all goes smooth, I look to get the first demo available. Still under consideration is exactly what the demo should do. Any suggestions are welcomed !

Apologies for the wait on all this. This is mostly a 'One Man Band' :roll: Added to that ... I want this initial release to be easy to work with and dependable. The 'Mammoth EQ' may not be everyones first choice, but it provided a challenging approach in programming that will provide a solid foundation for future controllers.

Thanks for for interest and comments!
Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 pm

This looks amazing, very much looking forward to it :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Previous

Return to Other things