Login

Nebula non-linearity

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Nebula non-linearity

Postby Melon_Jack » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 am

Today i've tryed to render some tracks through AlexB demos and y'know what? There's no non-linearity. While playing rendered files with flipped phase along files with nebula they summed to zero. They equal. I thought what nebula is non-linear and non-constant. Random - ok. But there's no even random generation. Absolutely linear and constant. Maybe i misenderstood or missed something? Shed some light please on my thoughts.
And no, i'm not crying or mad about this, just some thoughts, that might been wrong for me all the time =)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Re: Nebula non-linearity

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 am

Nebula is able to play nonlinear distortion sampled in emulation presets, contact developer to ensure that emulation preset that your are using have nonlinear distortion. I addition you can measure it with a FFT analyzer plug-in. About random generation, emulation programs should be done using a SMOOTH2 template, again ask developers.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi!
Not sure if this apply, but I also did a null-sum-test with some sound files which David1103 provided in a thread about The parameter TIMED some time ago. I found that they summed to null, because I didn't hear anything when I flipped the phase. But I was wrong, when I checked the two sound files with Wavelab7 ( compare two files), it found there were a lot of differences between the files.

So, it would be interesting to know which AlexB demos you tested (perhaps there is only one 1k in the demo, so the difference is very small?) and a description about how you did the null sum, was it a whole project containing 24 wav files or only one etc?

Just some thoughts, I still in learning mode with Nebula...!

Cheers
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Melon_Jack » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Well, i dunno. I used AlexB_Tft_Pro-Demo_IL2 programm (from CLC console, in which i'm interested along with VBC).
I've created 2 tracks in logic with the same voco files - one with Nebula and AlexB programm and other was bounce in place.
Then i put Logic 'Gain' plug with flipped phase on it and here we go. Null. Even with Waves PAZ or Logic MultiMeter. They are equal. The track with Nebula instance was similar with rendered one. Absolutely nothing differ.
And yes, it was been files in 44.1 24 bit recorded with my Studer console in -18dB
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Return to Other things