Login

Clariphonic. DSP!

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Clariphonic. DSP!

Postby Enclave » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Have you heard this fantastically put together piece of code yet? I did just then. Absolutely fabulous. Source audio + Clariphonic DSP boosts = Source audio as if it was 'tracked' better. Even if this doesn't come up against the hardware totally, it works just fine on my tracks :)

A fantastic solution to highs boosting, and better than otb IMO because of the ability to put it on any track that needs it. And that's a lot of tracks.

The design is amazing, with such a simple yet purposeful philosophy behind the piece - to get better highs on tracks and clearer mixes. Kind of like a pultec or the dangerous bax, where the limited options works in the favor of the mixer - no thinking required, just tweaking. And the plugin allows tweaking easily.

I suggest all who haven't heard it for themselves yet do so, it could change your mixes forever. :D

Peace
Enclave
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Clariphonic. DSP!

Postby davidgary73 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Yup...Heard about it 2 months ago. Awesome plug and the UBK-1 is great too.
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby Arne » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi,

Henry Longa made a Nebula library of the Clariphonic hardware. It can be found here; http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... la-192-khz
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Enclave » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Yes, but I very much am in love with the plugin. :D
Enclave
User Level III
User Level III

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:45 am

Been reading some reviews and checking web site videos and manual with interest.

I'm going to post in Henry's thread regarding the NEBULA version.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:05 am

I know that this is my issue, and I don't mean to be a "rabble-rouser" as I am normally pretty positive, but don't all of Kush Audio plugins require the purchase and use of an ilok? Booooo!!! That fact has prevented me from buying many plugins in my audio life, and somehow I still don't regret it. I have worked in so many studios that have had deal-breaking situations regarding the ilok. No thanks. I just wish more developers would see the light and abandon that garbage. I understand the issue of protecting their work and all, but an ilok? Ok, I will get off of my "high horse" and quit whining now.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:17 am

Well, I guess to my own 'loss', I don't deal with iLok or any other hardware keys. The last one I had was for the C-Lab's Notator/Creator program for the Atari ST :o

I understand the developer concerns. But reading the recent topics on Kush trying to find 64bit programmers with iLok ability, it can easily be concluded that the cost of the 'app' has nothing in it for the user [but higher cost, and a key that needs to be worried about breaking or losing].

On topic ... I look forward to Henry's release. If I find it a total must have, well, I may reconsider ... I would be surprised. Challenge/Response I do for main apps. Don't want to with plugins or libraries. I've yet to grab my latest AITB purchases, or do any updates because of complaint read. [but that is another matter]. :roll:

Again ... look forward to NEB release 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:33 am

For what it's worth RJ, and a bit off topic but pertaining to something you just said in your last post..... The new AITB authorization has been easy and smooth for me.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Enclave » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 pm

You know what guys, I'm going to be getting both Henry's library and the plugin. Yes that's right. And not to compare, but they are both useful. Henry's will sound better because IMO and Gregory Scott's opinion too the hardware sounds better, however the plugin sounds better than anything I've heard ITB and on-par/better than many Nebula libraries. And the tweakability trumps Nebula easily. But when I feel the track needs more quality, then I will go to HO libraries (they are so cheap).

:) This is my solution.
Enclave
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Arne » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:47 pm

I originally purchased the Clariphonic hardware, then the plugin and then the Neb lib, they all come in handy, provides flexibility and makes any mix shine :-)

Merry Christmas to you all
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to Other things