Login

Just to say hi!

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Just to say hi!

Postby kcearl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 am

Just bought Nebula 2 yesterday...seemed a bit of a no brainer at the price, never expected much, maybe a comp or two I could use. Had a good read around while I waited for my authorisation file, folks seemed to love it or it was a weird buggy plug that you needed a degree in programming to get anything out of it..now I expected even less

wow

how much?

forget that, what a sound...Im just on the free library, which I take is getting a bit long in the tooth, but still wow..those flangers are excellent..the spring reverbs just brought my overclocked quad to a stand still in one instance on its highest buffer lol...but freeze that Jah Spring and man I do not have a plug that sounds like it! SImple to use, with loads of depth to explore

I use UAD and Liquid mix..I also like using IR files in Revalver so Im not so keen on the standard ITB FX so this is so far up my street its parked in the driveway, walked in my house, and is now sitting on the sofa watching TV with me :)

so how do I upgrade? I want to try the Alex B libraries immediately and it says Nebula 2 is not recommended...does that mean they wont play? Should I go for the server version or can you upgrade your way up?

BTW if anyone is looking for the ideal DAW for nebula I think it might be Studio One...you can render Nebulas saturation on each track in the inspector..which freezes it but still allows you to add more FX..and you can unrender it, no bounce required..Use nebula as much as you want without committing to anything...I need me some consoles!!

Excuse the rant...I get a bit carried away with new stuff
kcearl
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Just to say hi!

Postby botus99 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 am

I wouldn't jump to the Server edition yet, but going with Neb3Pro you'll definitely notice a decrease in CPU usage.

If you want to grab consoles, I would recommend AlexB's CLC. I would also recommend looking at the thread in this forum called "CONSOLES, CONSOLES, CONSOLES" to get a grasp on what's out there, how it sounds, and how it may help you.

Look into the Reel 2 Real and Tapebooster libraries for sure, Henry Olonga is quickly becoming one of the best (if not the best) developers and his stuff is DIRT CHEAP, Cupwise has some unique programs that really fill a niche, Signal2Noize has some outstanding bits and pieces... wow I could basically name every person and say "you NEED to buy this".

On that note, I'll end this rant. Peruse the 3rd party libraries forum and you'll find a wealth of information. After that, you'll be just as addicted to Nebula as we all are. Welcome to the club!
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby cpwade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:10 am

+1 Welcome to the wonderful world of nebula.
cpwade

Postby kcearl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks guys, i spent yesterday looking at some of these sites...Im very interested in console and the time varient stuff...

So i reckon ill just upgrade to version three then...i dont see an obvious route to doing that so if its just an email can someone pont me in the right direction?

Thanks for the pointers and welcome, i love delving into something new!
kcearl
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby botus99 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Top of page - hit "Shop"
Table left of page - hit "Upgrades"

Take it from there!
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Welcome to Nebula Land !

Personally, I prefer the 'Server' edition, as I believe it has the ability to share internal library memory, which lessens the resource load.

At this point, I use the 'Server' on a single computer as a 'normal' Nebula plugin.

Hope that helps.
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby kcearl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm

@ botus

lol...I just blunder in as per :)

already trying out some third party stuff...Im certainly hearing differences already through the console presets..a thickening glue if anything...will try it across an entire mix in the next few days
kcearl
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby kcearl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:05 pm

@ RJ, thanks...memory and CPU dont worry me so much...my main idea for nebula is to set up a channel pre mixing then a non destructive render in Studio One before mixing

the Time variant stuff doesnt seem to be much of a CPU hog, and that sounds great, Im a flanger junkie (the world only one)...I have a wealth of compressors and EQ from UAD and F*******e that I like and the reverbs in nebula may be sweet but I think Ill have to update to a 16 core 12ghz 120 gig ram PC first! lol
kcearl
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Hello. We are collaborating with DAW developers to ensure Nebula works in all of them. I'm my PC seems to work without any problem with: Samplitude, Reaper, Studio One. But other customers use Nuendo/Cubase and Pro Tools with FXP adapter.
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby kcearl » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Im using Live 8 and Studio One with no problems...just rendering the tracks before a mix...its taking an hour or two on a 60 track project lol
kcearl
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Other things