Login

Sound on Sound Review of VCC.....

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: Sound on Sound Review of VCC.....

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:20 am

sfunk wrote:Mercado_Negro- I think perhaps you are being a little naive. That would never happen and you must know it.
VCC is splashed ALL over the front cover, the review takes up about 4 pages, its Gushing, doesn't mention Satson and simply implies Nebula is a CPU hog. Nope that's not a fair review at all. As someone said the old marketing machine over a Slate is rolling along and as always is trying to take out all competitors in its path.
Me personally i'll never buy a Slate product as i think he's a sleaze ball. Thats just my opinion and not the opinion of this forum. Don't as me why i have that opinion as i can't ask my gut why it feels that way :)

It's just like REAPER, it wasn't included in the 27th Tech Awards but that doesn't mean v4 isn't good enough , it's just a marketing thing and we can't blame anyone for that (though, seriously, SOS is one of the latest 'serious' magazine imo). In fact, according to what you've said they mentioned Nebula is a CPU hog and that's not a lie, so what was wrong with that? Volterra is some sort of convolution so they weren't wrong there either, imo. Nebula has had many many reviews in many many magazines and we all know what this baby is capable of, we know nothing can beat Nebula, sound-wise, so let them write whatever they want, we know what we're using and we love it :D
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:00 pm

well each reviewer has a different point of view, it's reasonable. Balancing all point of views you have a better picture.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Vernon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:51 pm

zabukowski wrote:Despite the fact that i can't live without FG-X and Trigger (they actually convinced me with the quality)

+1
Vernon
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:39 pm

faun2500 wrote:I'm not interested in VCC or SLATE at all but is this Satson thing actually any good?

Satson is NOT Nebula. It doesn't have the versatility or flexibility. But it IS very cool and different. It is a great tool for console emu's if you want to just get a mix going. It is almost negligible on the CPU load, so that's a huge plus. I've had over 200 instances on a project in Reaper (Buss and Channel instances) with a CPU load of about 30% on a standard non-"i" series quad PC. It will never give me the analog Realness that Nebula offers, but it's an awesome tool to have in the tool-box. A great one also if you have a client watching and don't want to scare them with the work-flow of Nebula. And Satson has some of the best HP&LP filters I've ever heard. Worth the 40 or 50 bucks it costs.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:27 pm

faun2500 wrote:I'm not interested in VCC or SLATE at all but is this Satson thing actually any good?

YEP!!!
dacaveprods

Postby blandry » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:54 pm

It's really useful as a trim/vu plug with nice hi and lo filters. To me the saturation sounds fake though.
My 2 cents
blandry
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby sfunk » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:16 am

Satson is a good compromise.
Last edited by sfunk on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sfunk

Postby ngarjuna » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 am

I'm with Blandry: I never really loved the "console sound" (which can be fully disabled) but Satson is a very nice plugin for filter/trim/VU. Then again, I own a few Nebula consoles heh.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Other things