Login

Multiple plugins in one plugin ?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Multiple plugins in one plugin ?

Postby DavidMeShow » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi guys ! :)

I'm often processing my audio files offline in Cubase adding preamp, tape of Nebula and other plugins from other companies. Processing audio files plugin by plugin is taking time. I was wondering if you know or if it's possible to open many plugins in one "special" plugin or do you know a simple way to do that ?

Thanks !
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Multiple plugins in one plugin ?

Postby mpodrug » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 pm

You mean something like ddmf metaplugin?
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby DavidMeShow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 am

I need to take a look at that ! ;-) Thanks !
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:44 am

If you are just processing tracks, why not set up as many plugins as you can in a chain?Why do you need them all hosted in a "special" plugin like the DDMF Metaplugin? That is great for saving presets with multiple plugins, but if it is just for processing (like batch processing to take the fx offline and save CPU), you don't need another plugin to host them. Maybe I am not understanding fully what you need.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:31 am

If you are using only NEBULA as your plugin, and you need to setup processing chains ...

another great app, specifically for Nebula, is 'NEBULAMan', written by ZAB.

I also use MetaPlugin inside apps like Reaper because it allows me to split a stereo track and treat each side separately ... very handy.
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 am

Does MetaPlugin compensate the latency?
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 pm

[quote="RJHollins"]I also use MetaPlugin inside apps like Reaper because it allows me to split a stereo track and treat each side separately ... very handy.[/quote]

That's an interesting idea, but because Reaper is so darned flexible, I have always split almost all stereo files into foldered mono L/R tracks anyway, so I have always been able to process the sides of the stereo track uniquely without the need to use another plugin. Almost all of my work is treated like multiple mono tracks, it is a habit from my analog days. This has been a real brain saver on many occasions when making processing decisions. So I myself am still not convinced why a person would need to host chains in a separate plugin.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby DavidMeShow » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks guys ! MetaPlugin seems to be perfect for what I need. I use a lot of Nebula instances and saving presets in MetaPlugin is going to save time in the future. :)

Thanks !
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mpodrug » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

[quote="enriquesilveti"]Does MetaPlugin compensate the latency?[/quote]

yes it does
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mathias » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 pm

[quote="DavidMeShow"]Thanks guys ! MetaPlugin seems to be perfect for what I need. I use a lot of Nebula instances and saving presets in MetaPlugin is going to save time in the future. :)

Thanks ![/quote]

test it before with the demo version !!!

it works great with all my algoplugs and allows for nice processing experiments and templates of your needs.
BUT there was one bug with nebula in the past, which the developer was not able to find. it prevented nebula from detecting the right samplerate, when you open a saved instance. workaround is to open every instance inside metaplugin after loading it and reload the program. that is a showstopper, when working with many nebulainstances inside metaplugin. saved presets of metaplugin load with the default samplerate of 44.1 khz.
i don't know, if the actual version is working better in that respect.
mathias
mathias
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Other things