Login

Q-Clone/ Reaper Gurus needed :)

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Q-Clone/ Reaper Gurus needed :)

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:20 am

So ... why ask about 2 unrelated apps on the Nebula forum ... cause I ain'ts found an answer anywhere else :|

2. Somebody here has done extensive work using Q-Clone ... Henry ? :)

Here's the situation ... I had purchased several of Henry's Q-Clone libraries as a supplement to my ever growing Nebula libraries. This provided a means to take some memory/CPU pressure off of projects that also required a faster work flow.

For those of you with Waves Q-Clone ... do yourself a favor and buy these libraries. There are some excellent presets, and a 'quality' that can still eclipse what algo EQ's can do. Yes, they are single patch, 1 shot, presets ... so you have a flexibility limit, but sonically, these 'clones' are so musical ... even magical :)

OK ... here's where Guru's are being searched for.

What I'd like to do, or, CAN this be done ?!?!?

Using REAPER [with it's flexible routing, etc] ... is it possible to capture a eq effects chain INTO a custom made q-clone patch VIA the internal routing of Reaper ... without having to physically patch a soundcard output back to the input. In other-words, staying internal to Reaper, maybe sending/receiving to additional tracks or buss ??? Does this make sense ??

I should state that my sampling use of Q-Clone is limited, at best. I primarily had used it only with factory presets.

If this is possible ... great!
Maybe some kind soul would be willing to detail how to set this up ...

or, in the least ... explain how this can be accomplished.

Obviously, it would be preferred to avoid any additional AD/DA conversions, which is another motivation for this internal routing question.

Hey ... thanks for taking the time to read, and try to understand my intentions !

Sincerely.
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Q-Clone/ Reaper Gurus needed :)

Postby RJHollins » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:48 am

Finally ...

Someone over at the REAPER forum made me aware of a special setting in 'Project Settings' menu called 'allow feedback in routing'.

That was the magic ... I'm now able to Q-Clone within the REAPER environment without patching in/out of the AD/DA. :)

YEAH!
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby everbeatz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:39 pm

It was me, just to let you know :) Greetz
everbeatz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby richie43 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:22 pm

I use Reaper, and although I haven't tried this yet, do you really even need to use feedback routing? Can't you send audio through your track with the plugins, send the output of that track to another track that has Q Clone using Reapers sends routing? I don't understand why that wouldn't work. I'd love to know.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 pm

[quote="everbeatz"]It was me, just to let you know :) Greetz[/quote]

Hey, good to see you here !

I know that I tried most every conceivable routing from simple/direct and ending up in a bussing traffic nitemare, but I could never get the 'capture' module's transmit/receive indicators to both light. :|

That is till 'everbeatz' made me aware of the 'allow feedback' setting !

Once I made that settings change, I could see new activity in my next attempt ... although I still needed additional help to get my brain logic straighten after my prior attempts.

THANKS 'everbeatz' ! :)

BTW ... for those wanting to try at home, a mindful tip.

Be very careful with monitor volume level when you first load in Q-Clone CAPTURE ! The transmitter signal is on and LOUD as soon as the plugin loads.

Have your channel muted, or in Reaper, uncheck the parent/send master in the routing dialog.

Anyway ... glad to now have this working, and know that I can call on it when needed.

After purchasing several of 'Henrys' Q-Clone libraries, I only used Q-Clone as a preset EQ.

BTW ... to supplement working with NEBULA ... once again Henry Olongo's Q-CLONE libraries are well worth the ticket price. Not only for the 'sound' ... but for easing the CPU/memory load. Highly recommended! :)

Sincerely.
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Other things