Login

Not exactly a third party library...

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Not exactly a third party library...

Postby surbitone » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:28 pm

PSP NobleQ. Got released a week or so ago and it's an incredible eq, anyone using Nebula will be impressed by the sound (and lack of CPU drain). The only Pultec type plugin that really stands up to the Nebula offerings IMO. $59 until the end of the month I believe.
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Not exactly a third party library...

Postby Definity » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:16 pm

i agreee this is a top notch EQ, i love it!!!!
Definity

Postby yr » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

I've been testing it today and it's indeed very good. Below is a small shootout I made against the PoolTeq, boosting 6dB@16kHz (Not for the beauty but to hear the effect on the HF). I had to match the settings using the vst analyzer. It is impossible to match the bell shapes completely, but I came very close. Average peak levels were then matched in wavelab. I used the non-stereo demo version of the PTeq (44.1kHz).

A.wav
(9.08 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

B.wav
(9.08 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby TranscendingMusic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:08 pm

If B is not the PSP then I have not thoroughly learned its "sound". If I recall from my own shootout PSP had the slightly darker but meatier/fuller sound. DId you have valve engaged? And yes the settings are not 1:1 between neb and psp. So using the analyzer you can see what you are getting exactly when neb is +6 for example.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi Bob- valve was engaged, settings were matched using the analyzer (as best as I could).
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby david1103 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 pm

this EQ seems to be getting rave reviews. not had chance to demo it yet.

as you have done the a-b ing, is it really as good as a nebula EQ? does it have the 3D factor i have only yet heard in nebula? if so, is this a new breakthrough in technology like nebula has been?

there are so many hyped up plugs that are obviously cheered by 'promiscuous sneezers' (look it up :), i am getting fed up with not believing anything i read. seems nebula people are mostly free of the bull****, so would be great to get quality opinions here :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby faun2500 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Already got an EQ.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby yr » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:08 pm

david1103 wrote:this EQ seems to be getting rave reviews. not had chance to demo it yet.

as you have done the a-b ing, is it really as good as a nebula EQ? does it have the 3D factor i have only yet heard in nebula? if so, is this a new breakthrough in technology like nebula has been?

there are so many hyped up plugs that are obviously cheered by 'promiscuous sneezers' (look it up :), i am getting fed up with not believing anything i read. seems nebula people are mostly free of the bull****, so would be great to get quality opinions here :D

If you upload a file that you want to be processed by both I'll be happy to do it. I already made a matching preset for the +6dB@16kHz boost so that would be the easiest to do. It's always best to judge on material you know well.

As for the 3d/hype/Nebula etc- I can't answer that. I think many of those things/comments are pretty subjective and hard to quantify.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby highvoltage » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 am

TranscendingMusic wrote:If B is not the PSP then I have not thoroughly learned its "sound". If I recall from my own shootout PSP had the slightly darker but meatier/fuller sound. DId you have valve engaged? And yes the settings are not 1:1 between neb and psp. So using the analyzer you can see what you are getting exactly when neb is +6 for example.

I would guess the same, A has much sharper transients, and thats kinda a common nebula sound. And it might be the result of the valve switch.(if im right)
You should test it without valve on, cause it really clips the signal in psp's stuff. I never liked the valve option in Oldtimer either.
But both their compressor and this Eq is the best algorythmic emulation for my taste so far.
highvoltage

Postby richie43 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:48 am

Does PSP require a dongle of any sort? The website mentions no dongle needed for the demo, but what about the purchased version? Thanks.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Other things