I'm trying to set up my new ssd disk (OCZ Agility 3 - SATA III - 120GB) in my audio production pc. At a glance, I've installed 2 identical operating systems (Win 7 64bit): - one on a normal 7200rpm SATA II disk - one on the ssd
I'm working on a mix with over 100 tracks and a tons of plugs (not only Nebula) and the I7 950 does worthily his job. I'm running on 30/40% of cpu load, I'm using Reaper x64 and a MOTU 828 MKIII with the latest drivers.
Ok, the problem is that the project plays well on the "normal" disk but plays with dropouts/pops on the ssd system. I've tried to: - change the ASIO buffer size - move the audio material from the ssd to the normal disk and vice versa - change the Reaper advanced I/O options on disk reads