Login

New and affordable Console Emulation?

If you need to write about anything else please do it here..

Re: New and affordable Console Emulation?

Postby sfunk » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:24 am

giancarlo wrote:updates
* soon we'll post a new nebula version which features a new meter engine (with a proper vu mode). Than it will be only a matter of skin developement
* compyfox will help us testing new cuda engine

about feck, compyfox: nothing strange if they were already involved in betatesting or trying a product and they are now checking carefully further choices like this one. It's perfectly human, after you have spent some time/money on a product.

Great news about the VU meters.
Not sure i agree with you though Giancarlo regarding Fecks comments. It seemed to me he came in flaming a product for doing exactly the same thing as another product he had been constantly commending in another thread-that makes me suspicious of his agenda. Compyfox totally detailed the Satson thread over on KVR. It was actually quite bizarre to be honest and quite hostile at times.
Maybe i am a tad more cynical than you.
sfunk

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:00 am

* soon we'll post a new nebula version which features a new meter engine (with a proper vu mode). Than it will be only a matter of skin developement

This is excellent news and for the compressors too.

So, will it be worth me buying a new graphics card when this is updated or buy another computer for cpu?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby himhui » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:32 pm

timp wrote:

This is excellent news and for the compressors too.

So, will it be worth me buying a new graphics card when this is updated or buy another computer for cpu?

Better wait for the result of pure-cuda performance to make decision.....I tend to stay with powerful cpu at this moment. A Tesla card (C870) with 1.5G ram costs a thousand usd, we have to consider how many instances it can use comparing with a i7 990x's performance (same price range). The advantage for cpu is that it makes simple and stable to the system too.....
:roll: Just my personal opinion....
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby faun2500 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 am

Very, very, very, very good news about the VU meters! I really hope these work as it would really speed up work flow! :D
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby sfunk » Sat May 07, 2011 6:15 pm

just bought this. I have to say its an Excellent plugin. Worth supporting the guy as he seems a decent and honest developer.........who is also apparently a Nebula user!
sfunk

Postby ericus » Sat May 07, 2011 6:39 pm

It's great little plug. :mrgreen:

Mercado Negro said it best: It excels to get fast results, it allows for great workflow and it's very light on CPU.
ericus

Postby Guest » Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 am

ngarjuna wrote:
Satson is 3 products in one:
1. Metering and trim.
2. High quality filters
3. Saturation and crosstalk.

I'm not terribly interested in 2/3 but I would shell out $40 for a really nice VU meter (an actual VU sim as opposed to the wide variety of peak and RMS meters out there), which it sounds like this is. Now I'm curious if you can use just the meter (and bypass any of the audio processing).

ETA: You can indeed disable the processing and just use the meters. Neat.

You should actually hear them! The filters are AMAZING!

Besdies that: As mentioned before...it's time for micro kernels IMO, because the "CPU thing" is a major part in all this and Satson is incredibly easy on that. (Even less than Airwindows-No-GUI-simple-plugin).

Off topic: I have a friend and we always talk about plugins...and he keeps saying: Man, I swear...VCC is made with impulse responses. Why? Because in PT the only plugins that make major CPU jumps are the ones with IR's...
Who knows...?

Postby Guest » Sun May 08, 2011 9:53 am

sfunk wrote:Geezz I have to say the Satson thread on GS took a seriously weird turn when that Feck guy posted. Well said Miro. He obviously uses VCC as he used to post all the time in the VCC threads but then pipes up in the Satson thread saying he has concerns about putting a plugin on each and every track. Something doesnt quite add up :lol:
Strange how compyfox derailed the Satson thread on KVR and hes also very vocal in VCC threads......

A

The weirdest part is that I've seen him always post on airwindows threads (desk, console, to tape etc.)aswell. (obviously being an airwindows fan!..which are CHEAP as well)...

Why's everyone so biased.

I'm sure he bought it but is quiet now. And oh...LOL...slate and fabrice bought it 5min. after it was released hahaha!

Postby RJHollins » Sun May 08, 2011 10:43 am

Well ... after all the hype, figured I'd check it out. The price was decent.

I've only had a few moments to listen under headphones. No conclusions as yet ... didn't really hear anything bad. [was just running a 2-mix through it]. Later, I'd like to run a full multi-trk listening test.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Sun May 08, 2011 2:20 pm

miro wrote:
The weirdest part is that I've seen him always post on airwindows threads (desk, console, to tape etc.)aswell. (obviously being an airwindows fan!..which are CHEAP as well)...

Why's everyone so biased.

I'm sure he bought it but is quiet now. And oh...LOL...slate and fabrice bought it 5min. after it was released hahaha!

Why are they biased?? Free VCCs in return for........well you get the idea
Another guy over there called Blim has just posted in the Satson thread saying how hes really dubious of giving money to small developers of "cheap" plugins in case they fold down the line...........again he used to be in VCC threads GUSHING all the time. :roll:
sfunk

PreviousNext

Return to Other things