Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Acqua Effect plug-ins next releases (2014 - 2015)

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:04 pm

an S*L bus comp would be nice to :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby NoNameComesInMind » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 pm

i find it rather amusing comparing other companies products, when it's a matter of technology difference.. a quite significant gap in kind words.

If you had a fullrange recorded session that contains enough harmonic content so that you could add one of those other products and gain something that's fine.
But if you want it to gain everything from the hardware and still hear the same thing as it was before just better.. then in my opinion - there's only one that offers this kind of solution.

Sure the other ones can do the job - what sounds good sounds good, simply!
usually i've been struggling with them, there's always something that bothers me, either depth, definition or groove-wise.

Edit: not bashing another company or so, it just might be me who is the one who just is very bad at my hobby :lol:
but i do not like to compromise, i want as much done with one and the same unit, and i don't like reconsidering different ways when i hear that i loose something and gain on the other part when chucking a plugin on.. blunts the edges of fun somewhat.
the realism is real with acustica ;)
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.
NoNameComesInMind

Postby russianpolecat » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:10 pm

giancarlo wrote:exactly!
There will be free products, expensive products, cheaper ones and so on
In our offer we have homebrew beer, water, coke, nice tea and expensive old bottles of wine. Ultramarine is a Brunello di Montalcino for example.

I see some other developer apparently released "rack" products at a cheap rate (50 dollars for a single emulation) but people keep forgetting we are the king of cheap products: we released nebula with hundreds of them! thousands!
Rack products from other companies often advertised as "a lot of new products are in the pipeline, even for free" are based maybe on 4 emulations? 6 sometimes? a single freebie for months? do you think we'll release nebula 4 with 4 emulations at 200 dollars?

So if we release a product like ultramarine or pearl or a 430 it is correct to make it more expensive. Obviously a 1081 or an american eq will be cheaper.
It should be noted that our solution is pretty alone on the market: almost all other companies have a "similar" tone and digital common denominator, while we have a different voice.
Ok, can just ask this - is Ultramarine going to be a limited edition? Are most Acquas going to be offered as limited editions from now on? I think that there is an important point to be made here. I would absolutely LOVE a 670 compressor, it's one of my favourites. But just right now, having purchased Pearl, I simply couldn't afford to purchase it. In two months or three months, maybe I could afford it. I don't think it is fair to effectively punish people who might be on lower incomes - esp loyal customers - by saying this or that is only available for a few weeks. With Pearl I can understand it, because you wanted to do something different, it was a rare piece, an esoteric piece. Even in the future, by all means release more limited editions. But not something like a 670 compressor. Not something as prized and as fundamental and as celebrated as that. If this is my only chance to ever own a Nebula/Acqua 670 and I miss out because it's only available for a few weeks...like I said, that's pretty harsh in my opinion. If you are going to do that, at least extend the length of time it is available for to give people on lower incomes a chance to get the money together.

I concede that I might have got completely the wrong end of the stick here, so accept my apologies in advance if so!
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby chrisarvan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:18 pm

They said they are going to start the pre-sale for it next week. So you can probably buy it for slightly less for a few weeks and then the price will go up to what it will be from then on. Just like every other pre-sale they have had.

There has been no mention of this as a limited edition, so there is no reason to think that it will be.

Actually if it was to be a limited edition, I am pretty sure they would have stated that.
chrisarvan
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:37 am

i personally hope that limited editions don`t happen very often.
I liked the Pearl so much that i had to borrow money to get it, i think is was good for Acustica`s publicity though ,but i hope that was the only limited one in many years
i would much more like to have time to save money to the ones i really want instead of hurting my wallet so bad that i almost dont have food for a week.
The Pearl was worth it though but please don't do this again unless it`s 20`st anniversary :)
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:42 am

i would also like to see a fatso that nails it :)
and a N**e 2254
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:03 am

it will not be a limited edition
There will be a trial in presale
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby russianpolecat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 pm

giancarlo wrote:it will not be a limited edition
There will be a trial in presale
Cool :). Yeah, I obviously got the wrong end of the stick :D. Apologies!
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Postby ctechdx » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Giancarlo, please,

is there any news about the ultramarine release? When it will be out? I heard about july 20... but it´s today and still nothing! hehehe

Thanks,
ctechdx
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Postby Support » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:44 pm

ctechdx wrote:Giancarlo, please,

is there any news about the ultramarine release? When it will be out? I heard about july 20... but it´s today and still nothing! hehehe

Thanks,

I heard about july 20

Where you read this?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine