Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Postby giancarlo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:17 am

Yes we'll feature a low-cpu button
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Kamui76 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Great!!!
Thanks Giancarlo
Kamui76
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby THAPRODUCERZ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:44 pm

himhui wrote:
mightymosaic wrote:Finally had a chance to try this on the master bus... Unbelievable! Auto release with barely any gain reduction(Literally barely any movement on the meters) and the MAGIC was undeniable. The way it thickens the timbres and creates the perception of a unified sound is phenomenal.

worth EVERY penny.

Yes it is..

Arggh!! i didn't realize that the 5-6 settings on the lat were auto release(program dependent)

I am a dive right in person who does not read manuals much, this should clearly say auto on the GUI!

im being a nagging customer, for sure, but imagine others who try this tech, we live in a day and age of people doing much without alot of research, so all things should be apparant without digging for hidden things, and i say these things because i believe in this company and i really want to see this company grow through the roof... come on AA.
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,Protools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Flstudio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level X
User Level X

Postby spigon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:20 pm

THAPRODUCERZ wrote:
himhui wrote:
mightymosaic wrote:Finally had a chance to try this on the master bus... Unbelievable! Auto release with barely any gain reduction(Literally barely any movement on the meters) and the MAGIC was undeniable. The way it thickens the timbres and creates the perception of a unified sound is phenomenal.

worth EVERY penny.

Yes it is..

Arggh!! i didn't realize that the 5-6 settings on the lat were auto release(program dependent)

I am a dive right in person who does not read manuals much, this should clearly say auto on the GUI!

im being a nagging customer, for sure, but imagine others who try this tech, we live in a day and age of people doing much without alot of research, so all things should be apparant without digging for hidden things, and i say these things because i believe in this company and i really want to see this company grow through the roof... come on AA.

Nagging... Yeah I could say worse things about what you said but I won't. Almost everything release by Acustica is a direct emulation so to speak. Those familiar with an Fairchild 670 should know about it's auto release programs. So it begs to ask why did you buy this if you did not know how to use it? But the real question is if you knew that you didn't know how to use it why did you not read the manual? Lastly on the page you order the product from it clear states, "the last two position (5 - 6) that are Dual-Capacitor program dependent"; on the 4th bullet point.

Just sounds to me you are trying to your faults else where. Now know I am not an internet knight nor am I 100% pro Acustica because they have many fault themselves. For example I posted 3-4 times and still have yet to have my very simple question answered by anyone; e.g. is the meters in this project accurate yet? I am just calling things as I see them. Next time read the manual, product page, or the forum thread on the product itself. The information is literally all over the place.
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby RE301 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:08 am

That meter information is really important 'need to know' for users, (the meter is not accurate / actual compression occurring is much higher than what the meters are displaying) - I'm surprised its still apparently hidden away, unless one reads through zillions of forum posts (!)
RE301

Postby Mauri » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:35 am

RE301 wrote:That meter information is really important 'need to know' for users, (the meter is not accurate / actual compression occurring is much higher than what the meters are displaying) - I'm surprised its still apparently hidden away, unless one reads through zillions of forum posts (!)

The meters in Aquamarine are the same, they really don't give any idea as to how much compression is happening. I guess one could say 'use your ears' but that's another story.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Mannymac » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:11 pm

How is Ultramarine 2/Core7 coming along? :)

Will we have better metering?
Mannymac
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:36 pm

I', not sure about metering, but it is possible we'll do it (maybe an alterate skin).
Just to be clear, core7 doesn't bring new speedness to compressors. But you can have true zero latency ones with preamps, so an huge step forward.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Mannymac » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:11 pm

I am using the Softube Console 1 as well, which is why Zero latency options are so great for me ;)

Waiting for Murano, Ultramarine, Silk and Blue to go Zero Latency/Core 7.
Mannymac
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:47 am

Yes :)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine