Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Postby waffleneck » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 am

Support wrote:
waffleneck wrote:Is it possible to have optional fixed time constant controls instead of interpolated? I know you can just put the control right on the mark, but for authenticity's sake it would be nice to know you're on time constant number 3, not a blend between 2 and 3 or 3 and 4. Maybe if you hold a key down while adjusting, it could go right to the stock value so you have this option. That would be a welcome mod. Just a thought.

Time constant parameter to be stepped instead of continuous (and interpolated). Correct?

Correct, stepped.
Amber, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue, D361, Emerald, EQP1, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Nebula, Ochre, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Bundle, Purple Bundle, Red, Scarlet, Silk, Tan, Titanium, Trinity, Ultramarine, White
waffleneck
User Level X
User Level X

Postby spigon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Hey, just wondering if the issue with the metering has been fixed, was always thinking about getting this but been holding back due to this issue.
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby spigon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Any update?
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby mightymosaic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:43 am

Finally had a chance to try this on the master bus... Unbelievable! Auto release with barely any gain reduction(Literally barely any movement on the meters) and the MAGIC was undeniable. The way it thickens the timbres and creates the perception of a unified sound is phenomenal.

worth EVERY penny.
mightymosaic

Postby himhui » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:10 am

mightymosaic wrote:Finally had a chance to try this on the master bus... Unbelievable! Auto release with barely any gain reduction(Literally barely any movement on the meters) and the MAGIC was undeniable. The way it thickens the timbres and creates the perception of a unified sound is phenomenal.

worth EVERY penny.

Yes it is..
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby spigon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:37 pm

spigon wrote:Hey, just wondering if the issue with the metering has been fixed, was always thinking about getting this but been holding back due to this issue.

???
spigon
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:51 pm

himhui wrote:
mightymosaic wrote:Finally had a chance to try this on the master bus... Unbelievable! Auto release with barely any gain reduction(Literally barely any movement on the meters) and the MAGIC was undeniable. The way it thickens the timbres and creates the perception of a unified sound is phenomenal.

worth EVERY penny.

Yes it is..

After reading this, I tried it, and OH MY GOD !!!! How can this be !!?? INSANE !!!
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Kamui76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
himhui wrote:

worth EVERY penny.

Yes it is..

After reading this, I tried it, and OH MY GOD !!!! How can this be !!?? INSANE !!!

I totally agree.
This baby on the Master Bus is like Science Fiction.
And the interpolated Att/Rel times, makes it more flexible than expected (Though it would be nice to feature an option to use the original sampled and fixed ones)
Hoping the new technology Acustica is developing for Black comp will make it lighter on CPU.
Last edited by Kamui76 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamui76
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:31 pm

Kamui76 wrote:Hoping the new technology Acustica is developing for Back comp will make it lighter on CPU.

Change the DSPBuffer in your XML. Made a hell of a difference for me.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Kamui76 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
Kamui76 wrote:Hoping the new technology Acustica is developing for Back comp will make it lighter on CPU.

Change the DSPBuffer in your XML. Made a hell of a difference for me.

Alreary tried that with other acquas(eqs), and didn't notice any improvement in performance. Maybe it's different in comps.
Anyway, my biggest problem is that I work with Pro Tools 10 (32 bit)
Kamui76
User Level VII
User Level VII

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine