Login

Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Ultramarine (mid/side vintage compressor)

Postby b.hard@mac.com » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 am

..no offense...:)
went back to first release...projects are working again...
looking forward to the next update.....
b.hard@mac.com
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am

b.hard@mac.com wrote:I will try to go back to the first release and see what happens...

Warning here. Trial/commercial releases are not an upgradeable/downgradeable versions. They are separated releases, with different installers and licenses.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:11 am

chrisarvan wrote:downloaded and installed new version today and authorization does not work anymore.

nice job on this guys.

I am using this on multiple projects now. can't believe it.

We update Acqua Effect plug-in FAQ with your question

Q 5.4 I was testing Ultramarine trial and now I installed commercial version but is not working any more. I need to authorize it again?
R: Yes. Trial and commercial releases are completely different products. Uninstall or move to a backup folder your trial files/folder and run Ultramarine commercial version setup. A new computer ID code will be generated on first run and you should upload it in your Dashboard in order to get a valid license to unlock your product.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 am

We also update How to register and authorize Acqua Effects topic.

4. Dashboard show "That is not a valid file type or file size too big!"
- Normally this error message happens only in Windows with Internet Explorer browser(s). To fix it, associate .SER extension with Windows notepad.exe application and try to upload your computer ID code (*.SER file) again.
If you still getting this error message, contact our support department thought a support ticket for an alternative solution.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby Jantex » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:23 am

Support wrote:
Jantex wrote:Same in my case: Cubase 8, Logic X and Pro Tools HD11...when setting right channel metering to GR I get enormous boost at the right channel.

Mac OSX, 10.10.4

Sorry, but a product priced that high should work from the beginning so it is a realy disappointment. I don't know who is responsible for beta testing these things, but obviously they are not doing great job at the OSX side.

We assume that
Cubase 8.xx > VST2 64 bits, correct?
Logix 10.xx > AU 64 bits, Correct?
Pro Tools 11, please tell us which adapter are you using.

Cubase and Logic assumptions are correct. Pro Tools 11 I use with DDMF Metaplugin.
MacBook Pro Retina, late 2012, 2,7GHz, 16GB RAM, 768 SSD + 500GB LaCie SSD, OSX 10.10.5, PT HD12.4, Logic X 10.2.1, Cubase 8.5.1
Jantex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Support » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:42 am

Pro Tools 11 I use with DDMF Metaplugin.

VST2 64 bits to AAX? or AU 64 bits to AAX? or both?
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby chrisarvan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:54 am

giancarlo wrote:
chrisarvan wrote:downloaded and installed new version today and authorization does not work anymore.

nice job on this guys.

I am using this on multiple projects now. can't believe it.

no it was pointed clearly since the beginning: trial version is not compatible with commercial version

I KNOW. IT WAS NOT THE TRIAL. IT WAS REAL THE VERSION POSTED ON THE 3RD. I HAVE BEEN USING THAT ON MULTIPLE PROJECTS SINCE IT CAME OUT.

When I installed the one from today it said it was NOT AUTHORIZED.

I actually pay attention and read things. I have most of your products.

I used up another authorization just to get it working, but the new one has different problems.

Then...To make things even worse -

When I installed the previous version, guess what?

it says NOT AUTHORIZED.

So I used the old authorization file from yesterday to get that one working. (which luckily I still had).

You guys are the ones that need to pay attention to what you are doing and what your customers are saying.
Last edited by chrisarvan on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
chrisarvan
User Level V
User Level V

Postby theheliosequence » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 am

giancarlo wrote:it was a mistake of us: it was released a product in betatesting late and they had a little time for testing it. We'll remove the product mac osx from the dashboard and we'll complete betatesting on it. On windows side it should be fine

A note: everything will work exactly like in the trial version (apart the new link knob, which created issues). Everything else (someone reported the need to improve meters, for example) will be improved later. Commercial version is exactly like the trial version you tested.

I'm still only seeing 1.3.963 C for Windows. Is that the correct version? Thanks!
Win7 64-bit i7 3930K, RME MADI FX, Burl Mothership
Nebula 3 Server, Amber, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Blue, Emerald, Green, Honey, Ivory, Magenta, Navy, Orange, Pearl, Pink, Pink Comp Bundle, Purple Bundle, Sand, Scarlet, Titanium, Ultramarine, White
theheliosequence
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Kamui76 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:45 am

Support wrote:
Kamui76 wrote:Of I forgot...
In AU 32 (Bluecat patch) it's impossible to enable link controls.
The rest seems to work fine.
I'll do further testing tomorrow

Please detail OS and audio/video host.

Sorry. Should have edited my previous post. The information was there.
Anyway...

1.3.965 Mac version installed.
Mac OS 10.8.5
Tested on Pro tools 10 and 11 (Bluecat patch) and Logic X.
Kamui76
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby giancarlo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:47 am

ok, answering to everyone:

- windows version is ok. 1.3.965 will be released after 18th august, we'll feature also a live (zero latency) release. We started betatesting of it today. Engine 1.3.963 is ok for you meanwhile.

- mac osx version: since we are going on vacations and we'll be away for a week we planned a quick solution for waiters. We'll release a mac osx version functionally equivalent to the trial version (without control link, same 1.3.962 version used for trial). So you can mix and use in your projects safetly. It will be exactly like the trial version, but it will not expire. It will be named differently from the "control link" release. About the control link release, we'll betatest it asap and release after 18th august when we'll be sure it is working as expected.. You'll have also a zero latency release, exactly like for windows users.

Meanwhile fabio will contact you (mac osx users who replied in this topic) in order to check your issues (if new) experienced on 1.3.965 compared to trial release. We are also checking issues and requests reported by betatesters.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Ultramarine